steering

1. T

Has anybody replaced a gaiter on the steering rack?

Hi All, I need to replace a leaking steering gaiter A2 TDI. Has anybody manged to do this successfully without the use of a garage lift? All I have access to is my driveway and a set of axle stands. I've had a quick look but it looks a right b****r to get to. Perhaps there is already a...
  2. Grace Somerfield

Steering Wheel Upgrade (none OEM)

I recently brought a OMP deep dish steering wheel (yes my 1.4 A2 wants to be a racecar!) I'm not the best at mechanics and will obviously take it somewhere to get changed, but I don't want to turn up with the steering wheel and not a boss kit. However, I cannot seem to find a boss kit...
  3. T

Changing track rod / tie rod

I was changing the oil on my 1.4tdi yesterday, and noticed the inner uniball joint of the passenger (LHD) side track rod / tie rod is a bit lose and needs changing. Does anyone have experience with this? I'll probably order a completely new track rod from Lemforder including the tie rod end and...
  4. TYP 8Z

Audi A6 MFSW

If I was to buy an Audi A6 MFSW, what should I look out for to ensure it's compatible with my 2003 TDI? Thank you in advance for any help guys Andy
  5. D

Vibration under braking

'04 tdi90 130,000 miles. I get vibration, felt partly through the steering wheel and mainly through the brake pedal. The discs don't bind in neutral, rolling gently forwards, and there is no vibration if I brake steadily from moderate speed, say 40 mph. If I brake at higher speeds, the...
  6. F

power steering sensor

My Dec 2000 A2 SE power steering sensor failed. The VAG replacement is available only with a full steering part costing over £400. For £300 less we got the Skoda sensor part no. 6Q2423291AX. Thanks to VW Cars of Burwell near Cambridge for this saving (and for many others over the years). :)
Back