1.4 to 1.6fsi radiator swap

ICowie

A2OC Donor
Scotland
Hi,

Just a quick question for damsel in distress who's just purchased an A2 1.4 petrol and has a water leak coming through the grill on the bumper. I haven't seen the car so don't know for sure if it is the radiator that's leaking but I would hazard a guess that it is., Does anyone know if a radiator from a 1.6fsi is the same a 1.4 petrol or if it's a relatively easy swap over or even what might be causing the leak?

Thanks

Last edited:
There are two radiators for all A2's, one 468mm wide and one 450mm wide. I suspect that the narrower radiators are for cars without A/C, otherwise they are interchangeable.

RAB

Cheers for that Rab I've got a Diesel so couldn't compare the 1.6 radiator to her petrol without seeing the car and she's about an hours drive away which wouldn't be the best with a water leak. :oops: Do you know if there would be any other pipework etc that would cause a leak at the bumper or is it a pretty sure bet it'll be the radiator?

It could be just a hose that's gone. With the bonnet off the leak should be visible. A hose/radiator joint is most likely.

RAB

Could the fan / temperature sensor have come unclipped just by the outlet of the radiator? That is at the bottom end and would leak if it had come undone. Easier to check if the under tray is not on, obviously.

Back