1.4BBY cuts out whilst idling

Clackers

Wales
As per the title, another gremlin on a friends A2, it ticks over nicely, then just cuts out as if the key has been turned off.
The garage have connected VCDS to it, and it shows up as no communication, so unable to trace what the problem may be...any ideas folks? Have kept it short to save people getting bored of reading through an encyclopedia of chat!
Cheers
Clackers

Right then, been to pick problematic car up from the garage...fuse 39 had blown for the cigarette lighter, fuse replaced...eml off and no cutting out...vcrs able to connect...
Coincidence? No faults showing on vcds apart from air con codes.....

Nope, mine was a BBY too, but it never completely cut out, just one cylinder after about 25 seconds idling. It turned out to be a sticking valve in the end.

Nope, mine was a BBY too, but it never completely cut out, just one cylinder after about 25 seconds idling. It turned out to be a sticking valve in the end.
I remember you telling me about that when you visited pal.
Either way, running like a good un at the moment....fingers crossed.

As a precaution check both battery terminals are clean and tight. Fuses age and can fail at anytime and can be far below their marked ampage. Possible even the battery itself is getting tired or charging circuit not at its best. Keep an eye on Fuse 39 to see if it blows again. Thought Fuse 12 was lighter socket, perhaps different fuse locations between different models.

Please see my previous experience on here ( somewhere ). My BBY random engine cutting out was caused by a faulty non genuine Ignition Coil. The faulty Coil was sending some sort of electrical charge back to the ECU causing the Engine to cut out. It did not show up at all when plugged in to Diagnostics, because it was intermittent. Engine always re started instantly. Fault was fixed by fitting one new Genuine Audi VW Ignition Coil. That was about 3 years ago. Fault has never returned.

Please see my previous experience on here ( somewhere ). My BBY random engine cutting out was caused by a faulty non genuine Ignition Coil. The faulty Coil was sending some sort of electrical charge back to the ECU causing the Engine to cut out. It did not show up at all when plugged in to Diagnostics, because it was intermittent. Engine always re started instantly. Fault was fixed by fitting one new Genuine Audi VW Ignition Coil. That was about 3 years ago. Fault has never returned.
I'll make him aware of that problem, but, so far so good with it...
Maybe it is purely circumstantial? I love these cars and their stupid little foibles....
Big problems cured with small parts, small problems cured with big parts!!!!!

Mines exactly the same, how did you cure the sticking valve, would some sort of additive help cure the problem...if I switch the engine off for 2minutes it restarts all ok.

Back