1.6 FSI Hesitation

busa1533

Hi Guys. My wife has a 2003 1.6 FSI which has an hesitation when accelerating. We have had the car serviced, new coil packs, plugs etc but although generally the car runs better it still hesitates when accelerating which is proving very annoying. Sometimes it feels very flat and actually refuses to pick up in good time, then from nowhere it pulls great. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Kevin

Is it coming up with engine light or Eml light?

If yes or no have you tried read the codes on the car?

Sounds like the inlet flaps are not opening properly via that black valve on the left the inlet manifold, it works on air pressure from inlet, look at the thin pipes on the left a of the inlet there is 3 of them make sure none are split and all are working, make sure valve is ok aswell

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi. Thank you for that i will check them when i get the chance. There are no lights on the dash what's over. It seems better after a few miles but reverts back if stopped and then re-started even if its only been sitting for a minute. So frustrating. Thanks again

Have you seen any difference in behavior when the engine is cold vs warm? If no we can eliminate that the engine is running lean.

Hi. I don't drive it a lot its my wife's car. When choke is on it seems to run ok but then very lumpy/unresponsive to the point that occasionally you feel it may break down, then out of the blue it seems to pull well, slow down and go to accelerate again and hesitates. (We always use higher octane fuel) There seems to be no consistency with the fault.

Hi Guys. My wife has a 2003 1.6 FSI which has an hesitation when accelerating. We have had the car serviced, new coil packs, plugs etc but although generally the car runs better it still hesitates when accelerating which is proving very annoying. Sometimes it feels very flat and actually refuses to pick up in good time, then from nowhere it pulls great. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Kevin

Hi Sorry to bother you but I have a similar fault on my 1.6FSI and wonder if you did finally fix the fault and what the solution you found was?

Thanks,

Peter

You should start with reading the error codes!
Are the symptoms the same regardless if the engine is cold or warm?

An injector cleaner won’t harm in addition to high octane fuel. I find it makes the FSI run smoother - may be worth a punt.

I had a problem with 1.6fsi hesitant when warm, pulling away. Error code indicated the flap on air intake. Actuator replaced and the performance improvement pulling away makes junctions very good.

Back