1.6fsi degrees advance at idle

RDS

Hi had the cylinder head skimmed,now having problems setting up timing on tensioner,when set to tab as in the manual, I get the p0011 code, do any of you know what the degrees of advance at idle should be, instead of me going down the trial and error route
Thanks in advance for any replies
R

Just thinking aloud here but skimming the head effectively reduces the centre distance between the crank and cam pulley. How were you planning to compensate for this

Cheers Spike

As the distance is lower by adjusting the tensioner accordingly. I have nearly sorted it car running smooth 47mpg, I think I have adjusted the tensioner slightly to much, p0011 code only shows under hard acceleration just need someone with a 1.6 FSI to run a scan on there car for the advance timing degree angle at idle .
head was skimmed within tolerance indicated in workshop manual.
Timing checked with tool T10110 spot on
So it's just getting the camshaft link belt tension right
R

Last edited:
As the distance is lower by adjusting the tensioner accordingly. I have nearly sorted it car running smooth 47mpg, I think I have adjusted the tensioner slightly to much, p0011 code only shows under hard acceleration just need someone with a 1.6 FSI to run a scan on there car for the advance timing degree angle at idle .
head was skimmed within tolerance indicated in workshop manual.
Timing checked with tool T10110 spot on
So it's just getting the camshaft link belt tension right
R
Hi,

My 1.6 seems to be running sweetly and I am happy to run a scan for you over the weekend. I am a novice with VCDS so you will have to spoon feed me with procedure, trust there is no danger of ruining anything! I will go and put my old laptop on charge.

Andy

Thanks for replies, think I found the problem
After a bit of research. stabalisation ran the test on vcds came up as not Ok, adjusted camshaft link tensioner a few times ran test on vcds again (hold at 2000 revs) system Ok code p0011 has not returned
Not sure what the relation is between them but car now running smooth

Last edited:
Back