2022 Social Calendar

Teresa

Social Secretary
European-Union
New Year, New Social Calendar!
I have put a summary of the planned socials so far for 2022 below. I will keep this updated as we add more. Ones in bold are confirmed (subject to Covid, but fingers crossed), whilst others will be finalised over the next weeks.
As always we will put event posts up for each specific event, but this will let you see them all in one place. Please do let me know if there is an event or a great drive and scenery in your area and we will look to see if we can set something up. We look forward to seeing you all much more this year ! Teresa

DateEvent & LocationDetailsAccommodation
19/20 FebruaryIcetrak 2022 FinlandSee event postSee event post
26 MarchEarly season meal, MidlandsMeal at DuetFort Dunlop Travelodge
https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/304/Birmingham-Fort-Dunlop-hotel
10th AprilSimply Audi at the National Motor MuseumBeaulieu, HampshireTravelodge Stoney Cross https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/55/Stoney-Cross-Lyndhurst-hotel
1st MayStanford Hall VW show, East MidlandsStanford Hall, LeicestershirePremier Inn Rugby Newbold
Rugby Newbold Hotel | Hotel In Rugby | Premier Inn
TBC May‘Not Quite the Lakes’, N Lancashire, North WestFamily friendly – Trip to Lakeland Motor Museum, Morecombe bay and a scenic drives out.Holiday Inn Lancaster Holiday Inn Lancaster Hotel | Best Price Guaranteed (hilancasterhotel.co.uk) or Premier Inn Lancaster Lancaster Hotels With Parking | Book With Premier Inn/
25th/26th JuneWynford Farm Park, Aberdeenshire, Fri to sun – George Hogg’s venue. Camping, BBQ Pizzas, Timmus Clinic, (NB – no dogs at the farm) Camping, holiday cottage (details to follow) /, Holiday Inn Aberdeen west Hotel Near Aberdeen Airport: Holiday Inn Aberdeen - West (ihg.com)
10th JulyKimbolton Country Fayre, Huntingdon, East MidlandsKimbolton Fayre | A great family day out with over 800 classic and performance cars plus crafts, food, stalls and shows (kimboltoncountryfayre.com)Holiday inn Huntingdon Racecourse Huntingdon Hotels: Holiday Inn Huntingdon - Racecourse (ihg.com)
19th to 21st AugustNormal for Norfolk, East AngliaWeekend visit to Norfolk. Group visit to Blicking Hall including photo op in front of the hall. Drive to the Coast. Norwich morning trip, including convoy down Elm Hill (good photo op)Going to try and see if I can book a camping/glampsite, but otherwise will post details of hotels nearer the time
27th to 29th August TBCBlackpool Classic car show weekender, North WestEvent is on the Sunday but could have Trip to Lytham St Annes on Saturday and phot opTBC
3rd/4th SeptYorkshire Camping, North YorkshireLike the 2021 oneBroaches Farm
Nov TBCFort Dunlop, MidlandsEnd of season mealFort Dunlop Travelodge https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/304/Birmingham-Fort-Dunlop-hotel

Last edited:
Hi Teresa, I will pm you in a couple of days to run my ideas for Not quite The Lakes tour passed you, ideally wants to be a family friendly weekend so as many people can attend. There are plenty of static caravan parks around with views over Morecambe Bay, so will see what they can offer.
Would a half term suit, I don't have children so no idea when that will be.

Hi Teresa, I will pm you in a couple of days to run my ideas for Not quite The Lakes tour passed you, ideally wants to be a family friendly weekend so as many people can attend. There are plenty of static caravan parks around with views over Morecambe Bay, so will see what they can offer.
Would a half term suit, I don't have children so no idea when that will be.
Thanks, that's fab. The end of May bank holiday is usually half term, although I think those bank holidays are affected by Queen's Jubilee. I'll find out from my Teacher sister in law and let you know

Reactions: RZX
What a bloody good social calendar for this year. Well done Teresa and Ian and whoever else has helped to sort this out. Good to see that the A2 social scene is still very much alive and kicking ?
Thank you Steve. I was hoping you may be up for a Wales one at some point? ?

New Year, New Social Calendar!
I have put a summary of the planned socials so far for 2022 below. I will keep this updated as we add more. Ones in bold are confirmed (subject to Covid, but fingers crossed), whilst others will be finalised over the next weeks.
As always we will put event posts up for each specific event, but this will let you see them all in one place. Please do let me know if there is an event or a great drive and scenery in your area and we will look to see if we can set something up. We look forward to seeing you all much more this year ! Teresa

DateEvent & LocationDetailsAccommodation
19/20 FebruaryIcetrak 2022 FinlandSee event postSee event post
19 or 26 MarchEarly season meal, MidlandsMeal at DuetFort Dunlop Travelodge
https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/304/Birmingham-Fort-Dunlop-hotel
9/10th April (TBC)Haynes Motor Museum and Fleet Air Arm, South WestSparkford, Yeovil, SomersetTravelodge Yeovil \Podimore
Premier Inn Yeovil Centre (Parking offsite £4 per day, free overnight) https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/104/Yeovil-Podimore-hotel
1st MayStanford Hall VW show, East MidlandsStanford Hall, LeicestershirePremier Inn Rugby Newbold
Rugby Newbold Hotel | Hotel In Rugby | Premier Inn
TBC May‘Not Quite the Lakes’, N Lancashire, North WestFamily friendly – Trip to Lakeland Motor Museum, Morecombe bay and a scenic drives out.Holiday Inn Lancaster Holiday Inn Lancaster Hotel | Best Price Guaranteed (hilancasterhotel.co.uk) or Premier Inn Lancaster Lancaster Hotels With Parking | Book With Premier Inn/
25th/26th JuneWynford Farm Park, Aberdeenshire, Fri to sun – George Hogg’s venue. Camping, BBQ Pizzas, Timmus Clinic, (NB – no dogs at the farm) Camping, holiday cottage (details to follow) /, Holiday Inn Aberdeen west Hotel Near Aberdeen Airport: Holiday Inn Aberdeen - West (ihg.com)
10th JulyKimbolton Country Fayre, Huntingdon, East MidlandsKimbolton Fayre | A great family day out with over 800 classic and performance cars plus crafts, food, stalls and shows (kimboltoncountryfayre.com)Holiday inn Huntingdon Racecourse Huntingdon Hotels: Holiday Inn Huntingdon - Racecourse (ihg.com)
19th to 21st AugustNormal for Norfolk, East AngliaWeekend visit to Norfolk. Group visit to Blicking Hall including photo op in front of the hall. Drive to the Coast. Norwich morning trip, including convoy down Elm Hill (good photo op)Going to try and see if I can book a camping/glampsite, but otherwise will post details of hotels nearer the time
27th to 29th August TBCBlackpool Classic car show weekender, North WestEvent is on the Sunday but could have Trip to Lytham St Annes on Saturday and phot opTBC
3rd/4th or 10th/11th Sept TBCYorkshire Camping, North YorkshireLike the 2021 oneBroaches Farm
Nov TBCFort Dunlop, MidlandsEnd of season mealFort Dunlop Travelodge https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/304/Birmingham-Fort-Dunlop-hotel
Wow! Much appreciate the amount of work already put into this. We will no doubt join in with a few!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Evening Teresa,

Now that’s something to look forward to isn’t it. I’ll be attending as many events as possible.

Great work by the way.

Kind regards,

Tom

That's all the excuses I need to get the Storm out of the garage this year :) Nice one Teresa ? I'll be along to as many of them as I can, certainly all the shows where we need the club stand and gazebo.

@Teresa, I must compliment you on this. The way in which you've presented the year's events is so concise. I'm loving it.
I look forward to attending as many as I can. I'll obviously be at the Scotland social, offering the 'A2 clinic'. I think I have to attend the 'Not Quite the Lakes' event. I live on the shores of Morecambe Bay, about 10 miles from @RZX, so this social is most definitely a home event for me and it'd be a shame to miss it. I'll watch the space for a date announcement. :)

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks Teresa

I'm trying convince my wife to come along, She's not into cars but my 8 year old is a right petrolhead. She loves historical buildings and the Tudors, so this maybe a way on selling it to her as its got some Tudor history.

Thanks Teresa

I'm trying convince my wife to come along, She's not into cars but my 8 year old is a right petrolhead. She loves historical buildings and the Tudors, so this maybe a way on selling it to her as its got some Tudor history.
Kimbolton show is an excellent family day out as there are other things to entertain if you are not into cars. We throughly enjoyed it when we went 3 years ago and hope to go this year too.

Back