3D printing help - Jacking point covers

luzt

This happens to all of us, one of the jacking point covers (original) has gone missing.
I thought I had a couple of spares in the basement, but nope, walking past my 3D printer I thought to myself, I could print some!

But searching thingiverse and some other sites, no luck. :confused:

If someone here is skilled in 3D modeling and would take the time to re-create a jacking point cover (doesn't matter which side), that would be awesome!
And I'm sure there are more people on here than me who has a 3D printer and could benefit from this.

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

They are so commonly available from the ethical breakers we have on the forum that I’ve never bother with construction of the cad files
They would need a fair amount of post printer finishing because of the curved face
Then factor in that the front and back are different so that’s two cad models to make
The left to right is dead easy that’s just a mirror of the cad model

They are printable so when the time comes that second hand ones are no longer then I will certainly cad them up then

Cheers. Paul

Ps. if getting second hand ones then ensure you get the correct ones they have two letter on the back of each cover German for front/rear. And left/right if I remember correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get new on ebay for a good price.
Search on the original number:
Left side: 8Z0898405 3FZ
Right side: 8Z0898406 3FZ

There must be two other numbers as the front and back are different

Paul

They are so commonly available from the ethical breakers we have on the forum that I’ve never bother with construction of the cad files
They would need a fair amount of post printer finishing because of the curved face
Then factor in that the front and back are different so that’s two cad models to make
The left to right is dead easy that’s just a mirror of the cad model

They are printable so when the time comes that second hand ones are no longer then I will certainly cad them up then

Cheers. Paul

Ps. if getting second hand ones then ensure you get the correct ones they have two letter on the back of each cover German for front/rear. And left/right if I remember correctly

Paul - sorry to dredge up an old post but I've had no luck in the wanted forum and the ebay prices seem over the top to me. I'd be happy to 3D print up a batch of jacking point covers to make available to A2OC members for the cost of filament & postage if you (or anyone else) can conjure up the STL file(s). Cheers, Andy

Evening Andy,

Didn’t another Andy @Clackers offer you genuine replacements in Post #3. These are an almost throw away item for most vehicles that are broke. I really don’t think there is the need to have these 3D printed as they should be readily available.

Soon as I pull my finger out to fit the Votex kit to Project OEM I would genuinely give you a full set of standard jacking point cover FOC, just cover postage. Can you confirm which specific corner you’re after.

Kind regards,

Tom

Paul - sorry to dredge up an old post but I've had no luck in the wanted forum and the ebay prices seem over the top to me. I'd be happy to 3D print up a batch of jacking point covers to make available to A2OC members for the cost of filament & postage if you (or anyone else) can conjure up the STL file(s). Cheers, Andy

I’m with Tom on this one. I’m sure A2steve / Clackers or anyone else who is breaking an A2 will provide said part for a beer plus postage
Simply not worth the time and effort involved to produce the CAD model when the part is so readily available
Bearing in mind that all four are different so that is four CAD models (well likely 2 as LH and RH should be mirror images)

Paul

Evening Andy,

Didn’t another Andy @Clackers offer you genuine replacements in Post #3. These are an almost throw away item for most vehicles that are broke. I really don’t think there is the need to have these 3D printed as they should be readily available.

Soon as I pull my finger out to fit the Votex kit to Project OEM I would genuinely give you a full set of standard jacking point cover FOC, just cover postage. Can you confirm which specific corner you’re after.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thanks Tom - the Clackers offer was for the OP from 2020 unfortunately, else I'd have been all over that. :)

That's a really kind offer indeed - I'm after driver's side rear for my bog standard 2001 TDi. Let me know if you get there with the Votex!

I’m with Tom on this one. I’m sure A2steve / Clackers or anyone else who is breaking an A2 will provide said part for a beer plus postage
Simply not worth the time and effort involved to produce the CAD model when the part is so readily available
Bearing in mind that all four are different so that is four CAD models (well likely 2 as LH and RH should be mirror images)

Paul

No probs Paul, I'll try messaging them both incase they haven't spotted my wanted post.

Thanks Tom - the Clackers offer was for the OP from 2020 unfortunately, else I'd have been all over that. :)

That's a really kind offer indeed - I'm after driver's side rear for my bog standard 2001 TDi. Let me know if you get there with the Votex!
Hi Andy,

Yes only just re-read the thread. It might be worth starting your own Wanted thread. I’m sure many a member will be able to help out.

Edit: Just noticed that you’ve already started a separate Wanted thread. I’m quite surprised that no one has come to your rescue.

Kind regards,

Tom

This happens to all of us, one of the jacking point covers (original) has gone missing.
I thought I had a couple of spares in the basement, but nope, walking past my 3D printer I thought to myself, I could print some!

But searching thingiverse and some other sites, no luck. :confused:

If someone here is skilled in 3D modeling and would take the time to re-create a jacking point cover (doesn't matter which side), that would be awesome!
And I'm sure there are more people on here than me who has a 3D printer and could benefit from this.

View attachment 67828
Have a look at fusion 360, it's free for hobby users. I will design one but currently spend my time trying to catch up with a level coursework.

Back