8Z2121058 water pipe

Or here

Paste the part number in my linked page and you will see the price. Thr search is working by part number, not by car

I am after the exact same pipe and tried to order one online but the retailer claims that Audi stopped manufacturing it 2 months ago so now it’s no longer available.

does anyone know where I can get one?

is there a custom hose company that someone could recommend? are there any aftermarket / silicone hoses kits or similar?

Would seem a bit silly to write off a car because of a dumb hose lol

it was around £40 GBP approx, until I was refunded!

my local Audi dealer didn’t have it and said they likely wouldn’t be able to get it either

Just to confirm the part number required is: 8Z2121058

I guess that’s a no then ?

Am I right in identifying that this is a BHC / ATL engine pipe - the part runs from the coolant temperature sensor housing outlet to the EGR cooler?

part 15 (rhd version) on this diagram
coolant hoses and pipes; flange; reservoir Audi A2 (A2) 2003 year Audi EUROPA 121039
coolant hoses and pipes<br/>flange<br/>reservoir Audi A2 (A2) 2003 year Audi EUROPA 121039 spare parts
audi.7zap.com
audi.7zap.com

@timmus has a contact to get custom air hoses made up - maybe they would be able to make something? It looks relatively simple - 90 degree bend and less than a foot long.

@A2Steve and @Clackers may also have something suitable although they have both commented that Tdi engines are rare as end-of-life vehicles.

The only one I had on my last breaker was as soft as putty, and probably about to give up the ghost to be honest, for that reason I wouldn't be prepared to sell it to anybody..if I wouldn't fit it to my car then I certainly wouldn't sell it for some other unfortunate purchaser to call me all the names under the sun! Hope that makes sense.

My engine is an AMF TDI 75bhp model (hope that’s correct!)

I have the pipe on order but I’m not confident that the retailer I’ve bought it from actually has it, they might have taken the order without checking the stock with Audi DE

OK the part is definitely not available through every retailer i have tried.

Can someone recommend a custom hose company? I think will make a separate new thread about it since theres no useful replies in this one (no fix!)

thanks for all those that replied.

My engine is an AMF TDI 75bhp model (hope that’s correct!)

I have the pipe on order but I’m not confident that the retailer I’ve bought it from actually has it, they might have taken the order without checking the stock with Audi DE

If your engine is an AMF then it can't be the right part - the AMF does not use this pipe as it supplies the cooled EGR in the BHC and ATL engines that was necessary for EU4 emissions rating.

What registration is your car?

Have you got either the original manual / logbook folder or is the build sticker in the boot of your car? The build sticker is under the false floor next to the battery, and a duplicate is usually stuck inside the back (or front) cover of either the manual or the log book - I can't remember which - it has the engine code, gearbox code, body colour codes, and then all of the option codes on it. This will tell you very quickly if it is AMF or BHC. From memory there is also an indicator sticker in the secret compartment under the floor where all the electronics are but I've not seen it in all three of our cars so perhaps this is less reliable.

See this image - it'll give you an idea what the AMF build sticker looks like (this is a late AMF because it has the GPK gearbox, not EWQ).

There should also be a sticker on the left end (as you look at it from the front) of the engine with a bar code on it that has the engine code - AMF or BHC if I've not forgotten.

Finally, if you know what you're looking for you can also identify the engine from subtle differences in the pipework around the back of the engine relating to the EGR and also even things like the ABS pipework, but that is getting into real spotter territory.

2002 52 plate is an AMF engine. This pipe is only applicable to BHC and ATL engines with the water cooled EGR vale. AMF does not have water cooled EGR valve.

Ok so yesterday I dropped the car back to the garage to get the old hose off, and now it’s sitting waiting for a replacement.

After mentioning that the part number doesn’t sound right, I received some info from the garage and you guys are right!!!

The PN is wrong, but the new PN is also seems unavailable.

The correct part number from the actual hose itself is: “8Z2 819 371”

I have done a search online and can’t seem to find this in stock anywhere and some websites are also marking it as no longer available. I think this needs to be put in a new thread of its own since it’s not actually the same part originally mentioned, to help anyone in the future who comes across the same issue! :(

The car seems to be losing coolant (and very wet around a section of this hose) every time it’s driven it appears to need around 0.5/1.0L of coolant. The garage has replaced the temperature sensor (green one?) and now awaiting this pipe to see if that will cure its problem/s.

This may end up being only one of the issues with the cooling system!

Is the pipe there deteriorated because it has been covered in diesel from a leaking tandem diesel/vacuum pump? When the pump leaks (as the AMF ones usually do eventually), diesel seeps down over the coolant pipes directly underneath (including the coolant sensor housing and attached pipework) which makes them soft and eventually prone to failure - if you put your hand down there you get covered in black sticky exudate which is the surface of the pipe dissolving off...

Back