A narrow escape

Frank0

After hunting for hose 8Z2819371 as mine was leaking and disappointedly finding that only place was was Audi tradition who thanks to brexit no longer ship to uk ,I found a garage that would fit me a chop job from some elbows and spare hose and voila! A2 back on the road .

About a week or so later and driving into my street last night coolant light came on and I thought fix no good. Saw a trail of coolant under car my heart sank. Took bonnet off and looked fairly dry around area, then had a peep underneath......

This is what I saw 😱

Attachments

• 9152DB8F-DAA9-43EE-AE18-86567FB54ABF.jpeg
    9152DB8F-DAA9-43EE-AE18-86567FB54ABF.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 150
  • FC5DBB40-2C32-4768-908D-1A89946FBA44.jpeg
    FC5DBB40-2C32-4768-908D-1A89946FBA44.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 145
  • 47B4C1FD-6849-4F1C-8BF9-7992B1C91103.jpeg
    47B4C1FD-6849-4F1C-8BF9-7992B1C91103.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 138
it's 1.4 tdi 75bhp goes from flange under tandem pump to matrix.
Hmm so nothing to do with the bottom rad hose that's off in the photo? I'm guessing it was removed to drain down the coolant and not replaced securely?

This is what I saw 😱
Hmm so nothing to do with the bottom rad hose that's off in the photo? I'm guessing it was removed to drain down the coolant and not replaced securely?
No not this hose I think they never clipped
On properly luckily I’d just got home as nothing left in it. I got pic of the hose

Attachments

• 0B4A3518-20EB-464D-A4B5-7E11914BF897.jpeg
    0B4A3518-20EB-464D-A4B5-7E11914BF897.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 105
  • EFC0FDD1-024F-4733-A6C4-A59E484972D8.jpeg
    EFC0FDD1-024F-4733-A6C4-A59E484972D8.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 98
So whats the problem, whats the question? Did it leak from joint shown in the pictures? Was it dicnonnected/not propperly clipped in?

This connections have o-ring (should be N90765301) on the opposing side which may cause the leak in the connection. So if it wasn't leaking somewhere in the middle but in the connection, try to change the o-ring and clip it in properly ;)

The part number of the hose you send is only the hose, without the plastic end for temp. sensor you took photo of.

So whats the problem, whats the question? Did it leak from joint shown in the pictures? Was it dicnonnected/not propperly clipped in?

This connections have o-ring (should be N90765301) on the opposing side which may cause the leak in the connection. So if it wasn't leaking somewhere in the middle but in the connection, try to change the o-ring and clip it in properly ;)

The part number of the hose you send is only the hose, without the plastic end for temp. sensor you took photo of.
hi, no the hose was joined under the tandem fuel pump. the pic is the bottom hose to radiator that likely wasn't fastened properly using the spring clip,and probably worked loose over the last week then completely popped off. unless they bent the clip and won't secure fully in which case i'll likely lose the coolant again.

hi, no the hose was joined under the tandem fuel pump. the pic is the bottom hose to radiator that likely wasn't fastened properly using the spring clip,and probably worked loose over the last week then completely popped off. unless they bent the clip and won't secure fully in which case i'll likely lose the coolant again.
so there is or should be an O ring in bottom hose too?

i'll show a pic of

heres hose that leaked that was by part number I gave. But perhaps if bottom radiator hose has o ring then maybe that’s why leaking out👍🤔

Attachments

• 9FE7F190-8B34-4E1B-B9BF-C75B72158FB9.jpeg
    9FE7F190-8B34-4E1B-B9BF-C75B72158FB9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91
  • 8FD51793-0475-4008-BD9B-1EE69E98507A.jpeg
    8FD51793-0475-4008-BD9B-1EE69E98507A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 84
  • FFC45955-2004-48FA-9C1E-2E316A71690A.jpeg
    FFC45955-2004-48FA-9C1E-2E316A71690A.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 85

The part number of the hose you send is only the hose, without the plastic end for temp. sensor you took phot

had a look at that N90765301 and appears to be top hose O ring. I had removed bottom hose in past and never noticed an O ring, but could have been on radiator end?

Yes, the o-ring should be on the radiator end (number 3).

2022-05-24_A2_coolant_oring.png

BTW: hose end below the tandem pump doesn't look great. Also it looks like you have oil leak from the tandem pump seal.

Yeah thanks where would I get the o ring? Yeah the hose below tandem pump has been replaced now by cut and shut with elbows and spare hose. That’s the old pic the tandem pump is just as has been for a while. Cheers for the help and diagrams

Yes, the o-ring should be on the radiator end (number 3).

View attachment 94949

BTW: hose end below the tandem pump doesn't look great. Also it looks like you have oil leak from the tandem pump seal.
But would the hose clip have come off completely just if o ring missing ? The pic was what it looked like when I looked under I never touched it at all

But would the hose clip have come off completely just if o ring missing ? The pic was what it looked like when I looked under I never touched it at all
Think ok now after reattached Jesé end and clipped it in properly. Refilled with new g12 and no leak for now🤞🏻 Thanks for the input and advice. Frank

Nope, it would have only leaked. But if someone did something with that hose there is high possibility that it wasn't clipped in properly. I have the same system on the T5 Multivan for intercooler hoses and it blew off once, because it was clipped in only on one side...

The o-ring should be available in dealership for ca. 4€/pc :rolleyes:

Nope, it would have only leaked. But if someone did something with that hose there is high possibility that it wasn't clipped in properly. I have the same system on the T5 Multivan for intercooler hoses and it blew off once, because it was clipped in only on one side...

The o-ring should be available in dealership for ca. 4€/pc :rolleyes:
Yeah they had drained coolant to allow hose under tandem pump to be changed or rather cut and chopped to fit. I reckon pushed clip fully down before the cut out part of joint. Anyway I refilled and bled and nothing leaking now so assume that’s all it was. Could have cooked my engine with their carelessness. I’ll stick to fixing mine myself if I can. Thanks m8.😍

Back