A new one in 🇱🇹

Dogbrain

Lithuania
Hi.
The car is in its twenties, I am almost in my fourties but here I consider myself new. Hope you don't mind. ;)
When you have a healthy car or problems with it can be solved without a hassle, you kinda drive it, enjoy it and maybe I could say even love it.
When there are problems probably only enthusiasts have answers for, you need access to them. So here I am. :)
The main feature I can boast of is here:
An AMF with tweaked brains. The electritian said it's somewhere close to 75kW. Still 0-100 takes 15.1 seconds. That's in kilometers. But on the daily basis I use 30% of that power at most so I don't complain. I prefer seeing digits next to "l/100km" under 5. :)
I started a "Story of your username" topic in our local Renault club when I had a Clio a decade+ ago. Maybe it would find its audience here too if created.
Most of you were kids and most likely watched cartoons. Cartoon Network broadcasted one titled Dexter's laboratory about a scientist kid with a lab in his bedroom. In one episode (spoiler alert!!!) he put dog's brain in a dinosaur and his sister kinda made sure the dinosaur got loose.
Dexter attempted to catch it with his gadgets but failed. He then dressed as a cat and started meowing also in vain. When he got mad and yelled "meow you dogbrain dinosaur", that "dogbrain" kinda stuck to me.

Welcome aboard :) As you probably already know, there's a lot of useful information on here and plenty of members ready to advise when you get any issues. Have to say though, they'll be fairly few and far between on an AMF, they just seem to go on forever.

If I understand correctly, we have the last members of non-planned obsolessence (pardon me if I misspelled) here so while the car runs, especially on its factory parts, it is better to be held on. New, even OEM, parts are like new cars, same 💩.
And another point I've got here is that majority of you guys are based in UK. Myth or reality? :)

And another point I've got here is that majority of you guys are based in UK. Myth or reality? :)
Reality 👍 This is predominantly a UK forum, although we welcome other members from all over Europe and a few from even further afield - wherever A2's have made their way to and found owners.

There is a "four wheels four rings", if I'm not mistaken, club in Lithuania, but 8Z is like an ugly duckling there.
You do organize meetings, gatherings and such events here?

There is a "four wheels four rings", if I'm not mistaken, club in Lithuania, but 8Z is like an ugly duckling there.
You do organize meetings, gatherings and such events here?
We can promote non UK events and gatherings if we are aware of them. There is an annual Icetrak event in Finland and there is a planned event in the Netherlands later in the year. If we become aware of any, I will put them in the Socials section of the forum
Welcome to the club

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
By "here" i meant in the UK. :)

But of course it is interesting if an event goes global.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
By "here" i meant in the UK. :)

But of course it is interesting if an event goes global.
No worries. We run a variety of UK social events every year and regularly attend some Audi/VAG and other car-related shows.

Back