A new owner

JHB

Greece
Hi all. I'm an English man living the dream on a Greek island. I have recently purchased a German spec 2004 tdi 90 in somewhat dubious condition, the plan being to gradually improve it whilst using it regularly. It's my first experience of an A2.
So far I have done a full service, cambelt and waterpump. + an awful lot of cleaning inside and out. After a couple of tanks of shell Vpower it's now running reasonably well. My next task is to sort out the leaking cam cover I know there are issues about gasket fit. Am I correct in thinking that my car should have the later cam cover and the gaskets available from the likes of Autodoc should be a direct fit?
Regards
JHB

Hi all. I'm an English man living the dream on a Greek island. I have recently purchased a German spec 2004 tdi 90 in somewhat dubious condition, the plan being to gradually improve it whilst using it regularly. It's my first experience of an A2.
So far I have done a full service, cambelt and waterpump. + an awful lot of cleaning inside and out. After a couple of tanks of shell Vpower it's now running reasonably well. My next task is to sort out the leaking cam cover I know there are issues about gasket fit. Am I correct in thinking that my car should have the later cam cover and the gaskets available from the likes of Autodoc should be a direct fit?
Regards
JHB
Hi JHB,
If you can see the part number on the far right hand corner it will identify it .
Sorry I’ve just seen it’s a 90 mine is a 75 AMF so may be different!
Cheers
Keith
F43DCF6A-83D3-498E-9F26-5FAA9BC18F6C.jpeg

Thanks for the quick responses. I shall do some research and hopefully find the right answers. The oil leak is minor but messy, and could be ignored for a while. However I do drive back to the UK for a holiday every year and this year (covid permitting) I will do the trip in the A2, hence I want to get everything sorted. I love doing pan European trips in older self maintained cars. It gives me a real sense of achievement when I actually make it. After 10 years of this I've never had a major problem. Hopefully the A2 will continue the tradition.

Back