A2 1.6 Fsi feeling sluggish

Hello all, i own a 1.6 fsi and has loads of work done aftet i purchased it with a misfire as shown on my profile and has had new injectors, High pressure fuel pump and full clean and repair of manifold flaps and it still feels very sensitive low down. Before the 3k rev range it feels low on power and torque and after that the power picks up but doesn't feel how it should. Is this common for these engines or does anyone know and issues? I possibly thought either MAF Sensor could be on its way out or either a partially blocked CAT but the exhaust flow still feels good. I'm not too sure, does anyone have any ideas or know any parts I could check for faults. Just to add the car has zero fault codes and has had a full service

I've tested the manifold flaps using delphi activation test. Which runs the flaps open and closed repeatedly which shows its working. Do they need to be reprogrammed or does that mean I'm safe in that department? From Jack.

PlasticMac

I don.t know what the Delhi kit tests, so can't say how valid the results are. If they are fully functional, VCDS will show non errors, any problems will be flagged up. I'd do a scan, clear any errors, go for a drive, then scan again.
Mac.

jasonh

Would suggest that when a scan is done, go through the rev range whilst scanning. This is the only way I managed to see anything wrong.
If not I suggest check for air induct leaks. Plenty of Google info on methods for this.

Teresa

Social Secretary
I agree on the coil packs.
Also, what sort of journeys do you do? They like to be driven so soon get a bit of a strop on after several short trips. I always notice a difference in mine about an hour into a decent journey and she has been a lot happier since I've been driving her like I did my old Mk2 golf gti

nod

@jackwickers2003
Just wondering, are the coil packs original, or have you replaced them? My FSI was a bit poorly at low revs, pulling away etc, No VCDS errors, but two of the four coil packs were newish Bosch, while the other two were original. Replaced the originals with new Bosch packs and four new NGK plugs. Problem solved. Still good a year later.
Mac.
this is good advice. the other problem i've seen on one of my fsi's was splits in the wiring going to the coil pack connectors, causing shorts. peel back the black wrap to check. also, i assume the fuel filter has been changed?

PlasticMac

Hello, 2 of the coilpacks are the originals and two are unbranded so it could be that. Does anyone have some for sale i could buy at a cheaper price? Regards Jack.
Coil packs are such a critical component, and have to function at very high voltage and temperature, that fitting anything other than brand new from a recognised OEM quality manufacturer is very unwise. Suggest Bosch, NGK or genuine Audi.
It's very likely that two of your four are 15 plus years old, and two are of dubious quality. It's not unusual for factory fit, OEM
coil packs to fail after five years or so on modern cars. They have to generate tens of thousands of volts from a very short 12 volt pulse, thousands of times a minute, at close to a hundred degrees C!
Mac.