A2 ambulance in Amsterdam??

tigas

I am in Amsterdam checking out the IBC conference and while I was going around the canals I found an A2 with striped service-flap in "emergency" colours and saying "Ambulance". What is it, some kind of rapid-response car to take a doctor at high speed to a heart attack? How many of these are there in Amsterdam?

Too bad I didn't have my camera with me at the time; left it at the hotel, stupid, stupid me...

Hi Tigas,

I just subscribed to A2OC. Firstly because I am planning on buying an A2 1.4 TDi with Open Sky System. Secondly I read your question on the A2 ambulance.

I live in the Netherlands. And my girlfriend drives this A2 Ambulance almost every week. There are approximately 40 of these A2 Ambulances stationed al over Holland, all owned by a company called Meditaxi. Apart form A2's, they also use A4's and Touaregs.

These cars are not really ambulances. They are used to bring general practitioners to the patient when the patient can't come to the gp-center. Because it does happen that an general practitioner has to respond quickly to arrive to a patient while he is already doing his round, al Meditaxi cars are equiped with sirens and lights. Moreover every Meditaxi is equipped with a trained chauffeur (hence the name taxi). Therefore the gp can focus on the next patient, and doesn't have to concentrate on the busy streets in Holland.

By the way meditaxi uses A2 TDI and on petrol. The firerescue also uses audi A2's. I will make some pictures and post them.

Silverback

Found this on Google Images

autovoorkant.jpg

audia2.jpg

Last edited:
Back