A2 First Proper Clean

After 2 months of ownership and the first real sunny morning of 2011 I got out there and gave the car a good clean. The biggest task was the 'toothbrush' clean to remove all the stuck on moss from the door, boot, roof and window rubbers... also used some Megs scratchX to remove some of the marks left from the previous owners harsh attempts to get rid of some bird crap

Unfortunetly the sun came up and I ran out of time so i couldn't clay and wax so I will do this another day, also my wheels are in a shocking state and I will get them redone in a few weeks at my local refurb company :D

I am very pleased with my purchase thus far
My list of things to do
- wheel refurb
- full clay to remove surface mars and residue
- Megs 3 step program (paint clean, polish and wax)
- front door realignment (not sure how to do this yet)
- service (this Friday)
- Fix glove box light
- get replacement boot interior panel as handle has snapped
- paint calipers and apply Audi decals
- repair worn aircon and electric window buttons

P1000428.JPG

P1000433.JPG

P1000435.JPG

P1000436.JPG

P1000447.JPG

P1000437.JPG

P1000430.JPG

Last edited:
Not even wax yet? you must have massive elbows cause that cars seriously clean looking from these pics.

Why would you need to do the Megs three step ?, as once you've clayed the car this is the clean process then just poish and wax

look at the reflection on my door and all i did was clay (during the shampoo) then megs spray wax

picture.php

picture.php

Cheers Phil

Of course you are right if I clay then I will only do step 2 & 3. . . . No point in doing 1 after using the fudge to remove surface marrs and build up

I agree with the above, I have done the meg's 3 stage system. It was good but was a lot of effort. I would clay and then give it a decent coat of wax, see the posts about the Collinite 476. It's the daddy..

I painted my brakes a few weeks back, couldn't seem to find enough room to put decals on so just left them black. I also took my new drums off again so I could paint in around the back on them.

Back