A2 for larger people.

swannymere

Hi, I’m looking to buy an A2 but I’m tall 188cm and BIG and currently have mobility issues whilst I wait for a knee problem to heal. Could someone help me by measuring the height from the top of the seat cushionon the drivers seat in its highest and lowest settings from the actual ground not the floor of the car, and the distance from the bottom of the steering wheel to the seat back on a a horizontal level with the seat in its furthest back position.
Thanks in advance for helping me as I need to know if I can swing my legs out.

Hi, I’m looking to buy an A2 but I’m tall 188cm and BIG and currently have mobility issues whilst I wait for a knee problem to heal. Could someone help me by measuring the height from the top of the seat cushionon the drivers seat in its highest and lowest settings from the actual ground not the floor of the car, and the distance from the bottom of the steering wheel to the seat back on a a horizontal level with the seat in its furthest back position.
I would recommend to just find an A2 nearby and ask the owner if you can sit in it for a few minutes. It should not be a problem.
Measures are not the whole story ;).

Reactions: RZX
I don't think height adjustment would be an issue, Audi been paying attention that that, like the A3 class has one of most size adjustable seat in the whole market.
I'd say even for 6"5 height would be useable, but rather the issue might be the width of the seat, as you've mentioned you're "big", measure width of your pelvic bone, up to 40cm/15.7 is comfortable support, above 45cm you might need A2 sport seats. Best of course to try it, but until this should give you a good indication.

Some pics of A2 Sumo here - a long standing A2 owner who lives up to hs name and may be a similar build to you

Cheers Spike

Tha A2 is ideal in that there is masses of headroom. legroom and you don't have to get down into it. It's quite tall. If you're "substantial" I would advise against the sport seats as they're a little tight. Stick to SE spec. and you'll be fine.

Happy hunting.

Sport spec models allow the seat to go slightly lower than SE spec which helps. I’m 6ft 3 and have no issues.
I'll have to measure though I often drive A2's (it's all I own) though I feel like I sit lower in SE seated A2s than our sport seated A2(it's leather though I imagine it will adjust the same way as cloth sports seats).

Some pics of A2 Sumo here - a long standing A2 owner who lives up to hs name and may be a similar build to you

Cheers Spike

Another person who must be able to give perspective would be Mark down in Devon - was his username not something mka360 or something like that? He had a red 1.4 with silver details although I believe he sold it within A2oc. I met him last summer - it would have made a good photo showing the dramatic range of heights and builds comfortably covered by an A2.

Another person who must be able to give perspective would be Mark down in Devon - was his username not something mka360 or something like that? He had a red 1.4 with silver details although I believe he sold it within A2oc. I met him last summer - it would have made a good photo showing the dramatic range of heights and builds comfortably covered by an A2.
Mark @Mka306 was about 6'7" and drove quite comfortably as far as I know. He sadly had to sell up and is no longer an active contributor to the forum.

Well, I have 190 cm and ca 115 kg and I fit to the car without any problem, even the seat is not furthest back. I have seat set to the lowest position and have about 12 cm above my head at least and even in the highest setting I have enough space above my head too ;) But as many said, just try to find someone with the cal and try it.

Hi yes I can confirm I was a big lad and one point I will make is that se seats are better for big people they go lower and are more suited. Saying that I also had sports seats in two of our cars and they work but not ideal. The bolsters also take a beating and I was lucky to have had new bolster foams added to my seats and lasted well. I’m not overly tall at 5’9” but I was heavy. Now lost 7 stone after my admittance over a year ago to hospital with heart failure symptoms and blood clots on my lungs. All good now.

Well done for losing so much weight Mike.

Strange as I’ve always felt sports seats go a lot lower than SE. Time for the tape measure 😊

Hi a2Sumo, Congratulations on the recovery and weight loss, i think i've got a long while before i manage to lose that much. Thanks for the advice re seats.

My boyfriend is the same height as you and both of us are chonky. He has no trouble fitting in.

Back