A2 tdi LUK tandem fuel pump leaking

Pig boy

Hi has anybody replaced the gasket on these pumps , does it require any o rings too . It looks like a small leak coming from mating surface not the pump itself.

There's a thread on pump repair, thought the end recommendation was the Bosch replacement to be fitted? Any delay can result in costs with any hoses that have been damaged by contamination as well so best repair soon.

Hi has anybody replaced the gasket on these pumps , does it require any o rings too . It looks like a small leak coming from mating surface not the pump itself.
Depends on the year, some pumps have two joint rings (the very early ones) and the remainder have a pressed steel gasket. Replacing the gasket or joint rings should fix your leak. If you have the pressed steel gasket only buy OEM quality, cheaper gaskets have two patches of soft gasket material missing and your leak could get worse.
If you have a LUK pump check it frequently for leaking diesel and swap for a Bosch as soon as it starts weeping. Bosh tandem pumps are not supplied with a gasket so again look for OEM quality.

Here is a little how to for you.
Set of seals for LUK pump is about £30.
I decided to replace my pump with Bosch which [U]tdiquattro[/U] mentioned earlier.
Part number for LUK direct replacement is 038145209C.

Here is a little how to for you.
Set of seals for LUK pump is about £30.
I decided to replace my pump with Bosch which [U]tdiquattro[/U] mentioned earlier.
Part number for LUK direct replacement is 038145209C.
Not a bad guide but I'm sure I replaced springs and the main shaft seal too. However don't waste your time if your car is a keeper. Bin the LUK and fit a new Bosch.

Back