Abs pump/module coding

Howey

England
My abs/esp lights have started popping up randomly again (thought i had fixed it when i repaired the injector wiring harness even thou i knew the injector harness couldnt possibly generate a abs pressure fault)

It currently always resets with ignition but i am thinking when/if the fault becomes permanant has a second hand unit will be my go to.

Has anyone confirmed if its the pump or electrics that fail?

Have this from my supervag, is that all the info i need to be able to code a second hand unit?

Did search but got nothing concrete!

Many thanks peeps!!

Howey

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-07-20-16-12.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-07-20-16-12.png
    265 KB · Views: 177
Guessing abs module/pump faults are not too common on the A2, will buy a second hand spare just incase!

Many thanks, the fluid is only a year old so dont think thats the issue, would appear the same ATE pump is fitted to a whole host of vehicles, most folk cure by swapping the mechanical side and keeping their programmed electric side making it a straight swap and bleed

Tonight rather ironically the brake light switch failed which was storing a switch fault in engine ecu and a pressure fault in abs. Both Returned after clearing with old switch.
Fitted new switch all seems well!
Need to learn how headlight switch comes out thou!

Need to learn how headlight switch comes out thou!
Push the knob hard inwards, and turn it clockwise as if turning on the sidelights, simultaneously. It'll only go about halfway to the sidelights position before stopping and you can then pull the unit straight out.

Press the knob inwards and rotate it slightly clockwise while maintaining the inward pressure. The knob will lock pressed in and you should be able to then pull the switch and surrounding panel towards you out of the dash.

Just as I was typing Ian posted.?

Success thanks chaps, got the trim in properly now which is much better!

Early days but i would recommend anyone with intermittant abs/esp faults ( G201 pressure sensor in my case) to consider changing the brake light switch!

Back