Aftermarket Head unit fitted but no radio reception, any ideas?

Hef

Afternoon everyone,
just wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm about to fit a Kenwood Bluetooth and dab head unit but on analogue radio I've got no reception at all, is there something I'm missing? As soon as the standard concert is fitted its back to normal with excellent reception. Thanks for looking guys, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction ?

Only guessing, but does the new HU have separate antenna inputs for FM and DAB?
If so, you'll need a splitter to give two antenna connectors. You may find the integral antenna is poor for DAB, (it's down to DAB being a different frequency to FM).if so, you may need a stick on DAB antenna. Worth a try with a splitter first though.
Mac.

You will need an FM aerial amplifier, as the Std Audi head unit as this built in, but aftermarket head units don't, they are about £4 from Ebay and connect in the aerial lead and to the Aux 12 volt wire on the head unit - they work very well

Paul

Reactions: Hef
For analogue, you might need to supply 12v to the aerial amplifier via an adaptor - available at Halfords amongst others. This is not required for OEM radios. For DAB you'll need a separate DAB aerial.

RAB

Are we sure that a combined antenna amp, and FM + DAB splitter, using the integral antenna won't work?
Mac.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Hopefully I can get it all up and running, I'll give the aerial amplifier a try.

Back