Air Bag Warning Light

manch

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago the Air Bag light came on after starting one day. It's remained on since.

Any clues on 1) what could have caused this & 2) how I can 're-set' it?

Cheers,

Che

Che, You will need to get a scan done to see what is wrong, it could be one of several things, i.e control module, wiring, igniter's, wiring, airbag itself....

Get a scan done and see what it says Pal :)

Cheers
Sarge

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago the Air Bag light came on after starting one day. It's remained on since.

Any clues on 1) what could have caused this & 2) how I can 're-set' it?

Cheers,

Che
Hi Che,

How did you get on with your airbag warning light?

Mines also come on this morning for the first time ever and so far today seems to be staying on!

Cheers

John

Hi John,

I did a scan and re-set it to see if the error came back. So far it hasn't. No idea what caused it.

Thanks,

Che

Hi Che,

That's good to know! :) mine just brought up a yellow steering wheel symbol in the dis display just now too, I think I have a gremlin in my steering Wheel somewhere lol

Thanks

John

Odds on it being one of the seat airbag connectors located under either the drivers or passenger seat. Have you been moving the seats forward or back or up or down recently, maybe to vacuum? It happened to me and i simply disconnected and reconnected both (they just plug in and out) and reset the fault code and it never came back.

Hi, It is very common on all Audi, VW, Seat and Skoda vehicles for the air bag light to be triggered by a intermittantly faulty seat air bag connector. It is a straight forward procedure for us to remove the connector with high resistance and replace it with straight through connectors.

Odds on it being one of the seat airbag connectors located under either the drivers or passenger seat. Have you been moving the seats forward or back or up or down recently, maybe to vacuum? It happened to me and i simply disconnected and reconnected both (they just plug in and out) and reset the fault code and it never came back.

Hi a2z and Steve!

Thanks for your great advice I'll have a look under the seats tomorrow morning!

Cheers

John

Hi a2z and Steve!

Thanks for your great advice I'll have a look under the seats tomorrow morning!

Cheers

John

Don't forget to disconnect the battery for 10 min or so then earth yourself on some bare metal in the car (to discharge any static from you) before working on the airbag connectors.

Cheers Spike

Back