Airbag warning light on dash MOT looming

Ewan

I have a red warning light on the dashboard. I have my MOT on Thursday!
I read the previous helpful advice on the forum and still have the light on.
I have tried checking the electrics under the seats they seem ok but who knows.
I tried a diagnostic tool, cheap job from amazon it does not find a problem code.
I tried disconnecting the battery for a while then reconnecting.

I the drivers seat is moved back and forth, so I think it may be due to the wiring but I am a bit out of ideas at moment, I wondered if anybody has anymore ideas to try?

Hi Ewan,

Once the airbag warning light is on, fixing the problem does not make the warning light go out. The only way to turn the warning light off is to clear the fault code, even if the underlying cause has been fixed. So, even if your cheap diagnostic scanner can't read the fault code, you need to be able to clear the code.

If you clear the fault code and the light comes back on again, then you know the cause of the problem still exists.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Ewan,

Once the airbag warning light is on, fixing the problem does not make the warning light go out. The only way to turn the warning light off is to clear the fault code, even if the underlying cause has been fixed. So, even if your cheap diagnostic scanner can't read the fault code, you need to be able to clear the code.

If you clear the fault and the light comes back on again, then you know the cause of the problem still exists.

Cheers,

Tom

That makes perfect sense, I am going to borrow a better diagnostic tool then give it another go.

Thanks Tom

Ewan

Back