Akoya Silver A2 1.4 tdi Sport repaired

devans

England
I brought this A2 1.4 TDI sport with 45000 miles about 6 weeks ago 30th April 2020 . It had been vandalised and subsequently this became an insurance write off due to almost every panel being keyed. I contacted Audi to find what service history the car had. Audi very helpful and supplied the Service history they had .It has full Audi service history up August 2016 coving 27000 miles this included a Cambelt change in 2015. Unfortunately the last 4 years and 18000 miles are lost as I assume its been done via an independent garage . Its due to be booked in again for a full service in the next few weeks now it looks more presentable

1605209498434.png

IMG_4991.jpg

IMG_4992.jpg

IMG_4993.jpg

IMG_4994.jpg

Soucred 4 doors from a breaker car in Akoya silver along with 2 replacement wings. Its taken a few hours to strip and replace all the dors wings and bumper.

IMG_5115.jpg

Air filter box damaged but has been replaced

IMG_5116.jpg

Last part was finding a bumper in Akoya silver this has taken a lot of searching but its arrived and now fitted

1605209436267.png

IMG_5201.jpg

IMG_5199 low.jpg

Still a bit more to do wheels need refurbishing and a polish .

Last edited:
Yes, well done indeed. Nice to see a restoration rather than breaking for parts. You will have to bring it to a gathering once we're allowed.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I know of an Akoya silver A2 thats come to an unfortunate end recently. He may be willing to sell some of the panels if you need some to replace the others that have been keyed?

I know of an Akoya silver A2 thats come to an unfortunate end recently. He may be willing to sell some of the panels if you need some to replace the others that have been keyed?

Thats unfortunate , I have all the doors and wings are now replaced just the drivers side rear wheel arch thats got a suff on it left to paint or replace.

Some updates on the progress on the A2 over the past few months . Interior when I got it standard cloth seats with Lumbar single din dash. I given it a bit of an uplift during lock down with some assistance from @A2Steve @Clackers @timmus and @Bargepower . Providing assitance and parts . Anything that needed replacing or fixing has been done . Still more to do but making progress.

da86d11e-e999-4cd8-bde8-30430e379d8c.JPG

fbb392ff-ded4-4ef3-8185-8bce31f69bba.JPG

Upgrade to Double din with handbrake tray and with the dash out run OEM heated seat loom to climate controls and to fuse panel adding fuse 13 as standard OEM would .

IMG_5491.jpg

added Red heated sports seats

IMG_5492.jpg

Front Fog lights installed with OEM loom back to terminal in passenger side A pilar

View attachment 72834

A visit to @timmus in Lancaster to fit RNE-e , Bose ,rear electric windows and cruise

RNS- E mk2 cut down with assitance from @Bargepower

IMG_5780.jpg

False floor kit fitted

IMG_5440.jpg

Red door cards to match interior bose grills not a perfect match but Its not unpleasant

IMG_5773.jpg

Then I decided to a bit of take a chance after the RNS-e fitted the bluetooth module that came as a free gift want great and no control via the RNS-e so experimented with AMI. All worked well gave the ability to have control via the RSN-e and chrages the phone at the same time

1605038779343.jpeg

1605038951477.png

At night all lit up

What a transformation, a real-life Cinder’s shall go to the ball. Wonderful to see the car looking so good and clearly rewarding your time, effort, love, enthusiasm and financial commitment. Also great to see another saved from being cannibalised for parts.

A very well done from me @devans
Thanks Darren
The A2 is a great car . I was really lucky to get a mechanically sound A2 then build on that base. A few more upgrades planed as parts become available as well as some maintenance tasks cast wish bones and a new slam panel which was damaged when I got the car . The headlight carrier is broken and the repair isn’t the best .

Thanks Darren
The A2 is a great car . I was really lucky to get a mechanically sound A2 then build on that base. A few more upgrades planed as parts become available as well as some maintenance tasks cast wish bones and a new slam panel which was damaged when I got the car . The headlight carrier is broken and the repair isn’t the best .
Slam and crash beam on their way pal ???
Nice to see such a great transformation...keep up the good work pal....its a 10 from Len!!!

It’s been a while since I posted updates. Over the past few months I’ve been adding more upgrades to my A2 on Friday the ultimate upgrade was added thanks to @timmus colour DIS . There are some very helpful people especially @2work (Tom) and Stuart from Pcbbc. Their work on adding the OPS page for rear parking sensors being displayed. It was really useful that Stuart is only a few miles from me so we could work outside on my drive . Stuart’s enhancement of the RNS-e adding full post code search and maps on SD card . If you have a MK2 RNS-e it’s well worth the purchase of the advanced features.
Things added
Retro fit of OEM PDC
Auto Dim mirror
Audi A1 MFSW voice and volume control.
Red handbrake
Rear cup holder
AMI updated to Tune2Air (boove) full Bluetooth track names and integration on RNE-e
Arduino for OPS page on RNS-e
Colour Dis

If you’re looking to add these features to your own A2 @timmus is the person to talk to and with being in the south at the moment it’s an ideal opportunity.

The A2 now has a modern feel with hands free iPhone integration colour Dis and a MFSW .I’ve been so pleased that I saved this A2 but under the vandalism was a 47k full service history car that now has almost every factory option plus a few enhancements and will be in my ownership for a long time.

The next list of jobs to do is to fit cast wishbones I have a new pair of Lemforder ready to fit . I also have a complete Votex kit with spoiler that needs prep and paint.

2C3EEF03-C479-4BD4-82AB-9F9F849063A2.jpeg

D01D9CD8-C209-4401-8CB0-8E1066A45951.jpeg

BF71A124-6D07-4D54-9FFC-410EF9C0CFE9.jpeg

477DB6B3-7BC1-4D8B-A984-F2C82DBFEA54.jpeg

AFE1315C-7776-43F0-BEBF-C72D8FCD1D39.jpeg

C4E3645D-3347-448A-B3EF-D1659ED36834.jpeg

6E7CF49E-B78B-4C15-91EE-24C1BD89F07E.jpeg

E62FCAC1-4707-4215-906E-592AE462DBE3.jpeg

Afternoon David,

What a magnificent transformation, an astonishing rescue achieved there. Very very well done.

That is some very tasty upgrades you have accomplished during the lockdown period.

What a great save.

Kind regards,

Tom

i noticed your res leather handbrake sleeve looking a little dis-coloured . I used furniture clinic red leather balm and it comes up really well after a few coats.
maybe worth a try .
Parmjit

Attachments

• 968994C2-8DBA-4390-B3B4-49F147AD161B.jpeg
    968994C2-8DBA-4390-B3B4-49F147AD161B.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 149
Back