Information Alarm going off !

Toby808

Hi all,
I have an A2 that I love to bits but…
The alarm fob doesn’t work and every time I open the door the alarm goes off!
Does anyone have an easy fix?
Or do I need to pay for an auto electrician to sort it out ?
Thanks
Toby
5fd10dcdefbbfc5c7b12b7913c22b59b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've replaced the battery in the keyfob, right? Then put the key in the ignition and turn to position II and press Lock and Unlock on the fob to resync it. If you're still getting trouble, somone local may have VCDS to be able to scan it for CCCU faults .... looking at the location, that might be Andy @Clackers.

Funny you should say that! That’s who I picked it up from. He said he tried all the usual tricks but there is no harm in ordering a new battery and giving that a go.
Is there anyway of disabling the alarm?
It looks a bit odd when the alarm goes off every time I get in it!
Thanks
Toby

The only alarm disable is for the interior sensor before you lock it. If you have to manually unlock the driver's door, the alarm will go off. If a new battery (CR2032) doesn't help then contact @timmus who will be able to sort it all out if you can take the car up to him in Lancaster.

I didn’t know about the re-sync method either, one of Akoya’s key’s remote locking function has stopped so will try that.

Until the remote works open the car then immediately turn the ignition on, this will cancel the alarm.

Yep this is what I have to do now. I’m sure the neighbours love it in the morning

Don't wait for the alarm to go off turn the ignition on before it goes off. you have a few seconds from when you open the door.

Yep this is what I have to do now. I’m sure the neighbours love it in the morning

Afternoon Toby, tis I Andy...
@timmus is probably going to be your best bet, hopefully we can get him to come down to mine one weekend as I have a few other members that require work carrying out by him too. There must be an easy fix as to why it is going off, I have messaged Tom before now, but I didn't get a reply regarding it.
On the plus side, I don't like your neighbours, so glad it goes off...(I am joking by the way)!!!!

Funny you should say that! That’s who I picked it up from. He said he tried all the usual tricks but there is no harm in ordering a new battery and giving that a go.
Is there anyway of disabling the alarm?
It looks a bit odd when the alarm goes off every time I get in it!
Thanks
Toby

The other option is to disconnect the siren in the boot...it is a bit of a 'bodge' but would stop the neighbours growling at you at 6am! Happy to help you out if you decide to go down that route pal.

Toby, Andy,

What comes up on a VCDS scan?

Has the key fob been synchronised post battery change ( either key fob battery or Vehicle battery) failing that has Steve’s @Birchall guide been followed to programme the fob to the CCCU as the key fob may we’ll be ‘new’ and not matched to the CCCU.

If it doesn’t match to the CCCU then pleases add pictures of the said CCCU and the remote half of the key fob as it’s possible they’re not compatible with each other.

This could be a simple fix as this system isn’t the most sophisticated of components to swap should one of the items in the circuit be at fault.

Whatever you do, do not call an auto locksmith.

Kind regards,

Tom

I’ve ordered a new battery- will update you with the progress!

I’ve ordered a new battery- will update you with the progress!

Good starting point Toby,

If you’re able to do so whilst you wait for the key fob battery to arrive can you add pictures of your CCCU (showing the part number) and the remote half of your key fob (also showing the part number). There could well be a simple reason why it’s not been paired before.

Once you have the battery and confirmed that the 2 parts in question are compatible, you should be able to re-synchronise them. If this doesn’t work for some reason then you can try to match them using VCDS as guessing Andy has this ability. Just follow the How To Guide, works every time for me. Happy to help over a call if you get stuck as it really is a simple process.

Kind regards,

Tom

You've replaced the battery in the keyfob, right? Then put the key in the ignition and turn to position II and press Lock and Unlock on the fob to resync it. If you're still getting trouble, somone local may have VCDS to be able to scan it for CCCU faults .... looking at the location, that might be Andy @Clackers.
@Proghound you sir are a legend! Just tried this on Akoya’s non-fob-functioning spare key and jobs a good’un ???

@Proghound you sir are a legend! Just tried this on Akoya’s non-fob-functioning spare key and jobs a good’un ???
@Proghound / all:

The key fob has stopped working again I noticed when I parked the car using it just now, so clearly it keeps getting unsynced for some reason (I recall when I collected the car from DS Motorsport they said they had synced it too, but it never worked until I resynced it upon your suggestion.

Any ideas on what’s causing this?

My guess is the buttons are constantly being pressed. The key fob has been transmitting the frequency and the car has not been receiving it. So when they do "talk" to each other they have gone out of synch. If you can find someone with a remote tester have it scanned to see if that is what is happening. Are the buttons worn? Do you only have to press a button very lightly for it to work? Are the keys in your pocket and something pressing on the buttons? It is a great pity that the A2 keys do not have a red led transmit light to show this in action. Using fresh battery is crucial as it only takes a small drop in voltage for the remotes to have amnesia. I replace all my remote batteries every year regardless. When you fit a new battery check its voltage, then the next time it is out of synch check the voltage again.
Do you have a second key and does that have the same issues? If not it is implying that the remote in the key is the issue, if both the same then could be both keys or the CCCU or remote aerial issue.

@Proghound / all:

The key fob has stopped working again I noticed when I parked the car using it just now, so clearly it keeps getting unsynced for some reason (I recall when I collected the car from DS Motorsport they said they had synced it too, but it never worked until I resynced it upon your suggestion.

Any ideas on what’s causing this?
Evening David,

May not be your issue but hopefully it is.

Firstly… Our key fobs are quite an age for such a little thing that is constantly abused by us all. We throw them about, leave them bashing about in bags and of course occasionally drop them.

All this abuse can weaken the thin spring clip that hold the battery close against the remote fob PCB contacts.

Before you consider checking the said PCB for damages solder points or cracks or even replace the whole thing, please humour me by removing the battery cover and reshape/bend the thin spring clip to give it more ‘push’ on the battery to get a better contact to the PCB contacts.

I’ve had very similar symptoms in the past and it was as simple as a little bend to rectify the frequesnt re sync.

If this doesn’t work then it could well be the PCB, but as it works for such a long time, then fails followed by working for quite a time after its re synced then my guess is the battery is loosing contact.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back