Alarm keeps going off when connecting the battery please help!

boxchevy

Hi,

Car had been parked for a while, had to take out and recharge the battery. On putting it back in, as soon as its all connected the alarm goes off!!

I can put the keys in the ignition, the alarm carries on. Even with the car on the alarm carries on! Neighbors not happy, please help!

Service flap is closed, and car was fine before parking. Have a reader but guessing not much point if there no warning lights.

Would really appreciate some advice , really stuck.

Thanks!!

Hi boxchevy,
It sounds like it’s doing what it’s intended to do, in that it’s detected a situation where the battery supply has been cut which raises the alarm condition now this may reset if you lock the car again via the fob & then unlock via the fob, failing that the fail safe battery in the alarm sounder is probably dead.
Hope that is helpful.
Keith.

Thanks for the reply guys. I have tried to lock and unlock with fob, however doesn’t stop it :( safe battery? I’m not sure what that is. I was thinking maybe the button that detects movement in the car or something with the locks :(

This sounds like a CCCU fault…

What is the model year of the A2, please?

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks for the reply guys. I have tried to lock and unlock with fob, however doesn’t stop it :( safe battery? I’m not sure what that is. I was thinking maybe the button that detects movement in the car or something with the locks :(
Failsafe battery if feed is cut or dead from main battery
EBay item number: 391113370772
Housed in alarm sounder below o/s rear light.

Failsafe battery if feed is cut or dead from main battery
EBay item number: 391113370772
Housed in alarm sounder below o/s rear light.
I believe that if the battery in the sounder fails, the sounder does not sound at all (it runs from the internal battery, charged by the car's battery, not run from it).
A scan would probably help.
Mac.

Sooo

I’ve got 3 a2’s. And they have all the same issue now. 2 petrol and one diesel. Two 2003’s and one petrol 2005. Ohh how I wish I never left them this long.

Can give it a scan when I get in from work. But yeah no faults. Can imagine just alarm triggered to come up. But you never know.

My gut feeling is that it must be something to do with the locks or alarm switch drivers side. Need to play around more, just annoying whilst the alarms are going.

Thanks again for the replies people

I don't where you are in London, but Gary at B&F Autos in West Hounslow could well answer your problems. Very easy to talk to and not a lot he doesn't know about the A2 breed. No stupid bills either.

What sequence does the drivers door led flash when you lock the car? Double and tripple check the service hatch microswitch is correctly located and that the plunger is still covered with the rubber boot and the plunger gets pressed in far enough when the service flap is closed. Stick a thick washer onto the pad that presses onto the switch to increase the amount it is pressed in if needed, make sure the 2 knobs to release the bonnet are also in the correct locked position.

A scan may give some clue around why the alarm is being tripped as it records alarm trips and from where.

For me a while back I identified a rear glass break (when the rear hatch glass was not broken) and it was the small clip that sits underneath the trim on the hatch - it just needed a good clean up to redo the connection and it was all good. On cars of this age this is a common theme alas.

They were all perfect b
I don't where you are in London, but Gary at B&F Autos in West Hounslow could well answer your problems. Very easy to talk to and not a lot he doesn't know about the A2 breed. No stupid bills either.
Ohh never heard of him, and not to far at all, thanks!!

What sequence does the drivers door led flash when you lock the car? Double and tripple check the service hatch microswitch is correctly located and that the plunger is still covered with the rubber boot and the plunger gets pressed in far enough when the service flap is closed. Stick a thick washer onto the pad that presses onto the switch to increase the amount it is pressed in if needed, make sure the 2 knobs to release the bonnet are also in the correct locked

yeah I made sure to check all the flaps and make sure the bonnet parts were all closed. I don’t remember the sequence of the light but will check later on. Haven’t had time to plug it in. But should do the next couple of days!
Thanks again

A scan may give some clue around why the alarm is being tripped as it records alarm trips and from where.

For me a while back I identified a rear glass break (when the rear hatch glass was not broken) and it was the small clip that sits underneath the trim on the hatch - it just needed a good clean up to redo the connection and it was all good. On cars of this age this is a common theme alas.
Trying to figure out which clip you mean, the ones that hold the trim onto the boot? And should have a scan soon

@boxchevy
Run a VCDS scan, then clear all faults, and run another scan to confirm there are no faults. Low battery or disconnected battery usually triggers several fault codes, which need clearing.
Mac.

No matter how the alarm is triggered - be it by the glass break sensor, an intermittent door microswitch, the ultrasonic interior sensors, etc - it should switch off as soon as the key is turned in the ignition.
Whilst it would be useful to know what is triggering the alarm, that isn't going to explain why the alarm remains active once the car has started.

Cheers,

Tom

Since there are three A2s, (have I got that right?), all doing the same thing, I'd suspect external influence, nearby transmitter for example. Seems unlikely that all three have the same fault.
What does the DIS show?
Mac.

Reactions: mtl
Yep, three. All perfect before parking and all have the same issue afterwards. Having to work out the area so will be back home Friday to do a scan.
Thanks

Back