Almost 5 years with my A2

111S

*sniff* - parted with my A2 over the weekend, sadly it's fallen into the hands of the trade after I got a not-too-shabby offer against a used A1. It all totted up to be honest, the car was due the cam belt doing and had no stamps in the service manual because I'd changed the oil every year myself. Doesn't make for a good honest advert but the car has been a good runner all along. Time for a change though.

So if you spot a TDi90 in Akoya Silver starting with the reg YY04 - it's a good 'un but make sure it's had the cam belt done.

The A1 feels really refined, the same feeling you got back in the early 2000s getting into an A2. It's a grown up Audi in a small package.

I plumbed for the 185bhp petrol which, along with being quite rapid has been returning mid 40s to the gallon without trying too hard. I can get it to do low 50's if I try and that's mixed driving. And then that DSG gearbox is sublime -I never thought I'd go automatic but it's *that* good.

The A1 feels really refined, the same feeling you got back in the early 2000s getting into an A2. It's a grown up Audi in a small package.

I plumbed for the 185bhp petrol which, along with being quite rapid has been returning mid 40s to the gallon without trying too hard. I can get it to do low 50's if I try and that's mixed driving. And then that DSG gearbox is sublime -I never thought I'd go automatic but it's *that* good.

Nice choice, that's the powertrain I'd plump for if I was having one. DSG works great in applications like this, plus all the newer manual Audis I've driven had awful gears!

Recently drove the Polo Gti version and loved it (hire car)
But really struggled to get anywhere near 40mpg....

J

But really struggled to get anywhere near 40mpg....
J
That'll be the enthusiastic 'let's see what it'll do' driving style I guess. ;)

Just to put it in perspective, I've had 50mpg out of my Elise. I'm quite good when I'm trying for mpg!

Back