AMF gearbox mount 8Z0199543A or equivalent

damadgeruk

A2OC Donor
Looking for info for a fellow A2 owner. I'm sure I read about a suitable (much cheaper) alternative for this mount though can't find it. Upper gearbox mount showing on 7zap as #16, anyone know a suitable part no from VAG.
248199100.png

I fitted a Quinton Hazell one of those from off ebay a couple of months ago and it seems to be pretty good quality:

Shame there's no equally reasonably priced replacement for the main engine mount.

Hi I'm in need of the same mount,I'm considering the cheaper option,but is that support brace absolutely necessary?

It looks like only the A2 had the brace as additional support (possibly for lateral movement?) - having watched mine with the engine running there's minimal movement on it. If your existing mount is worn the replacement is going to be a big improvement even without the brace and at under £50.

@depronman

Job for you maybe to make the missing support that can be glued to the gearbox mount? Drawing already exist on the german link above, and solution is well proven it seems?

@depronman

Job for you maybe to make the missing support that can be glued to the gearbox mount? Drawing already exist on the german link above, and solution is well proven it seems?
would need to be some fancy glue @Olerype
I looked at this some time ago and to be honest I don't think the lack of the support bar will make any difference, the A2 is VERY over engineered in some areas - thats why we love them so much

Probably easier to relocate the brace if you feel it necessary and go with the other mount.

would need to be some fancy glue @Olerype
I looked at this some time ago and to be honest I don't think the lack of the support bar will make any difference, the A2 is VERY over engineered in some areas - thats why we love them so much

In the german thread, glue capable of 4,5 tons is used. Is the support bar also there for AMF, and have you tried without the support?

I've been wondering - would it not be possible to scoop out the old rubber sleeve and press a new one in if these can be sourced? Surely there is a part number for it?

I'll likely do mine as well as I'm getting more vibration from motor than i'd like so will definitely have a closer look then, but it would make sense to be able to push that rubber bushing out and replace with new one using same housing? Similar to the lil rubber grommets for brakes balance bolts.

Will likely just buy the polo part and fit that as it is quite simple bolt off bolt on type of affair but would be nice to save the money and metal and just replace the rubber gubbins.

Should've examined it better when i had gearbox out in hindsight.

From german forum it does not seem like the new bushing can be pressed in

The two mounts comes from Norwegian dealership with 2,5 times price difference(!). Even the dealership was surprised...

Some photos of my worn gearbox mount. See how th rubber is touching the metal. Struggle to understand the purpose of the support bar yes.. Is it somehow just for extra stability during cranking?

index.php

IMG_2757.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2753.JPG
    IMG_2753.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,264
TDI75 owners; does your car also have the extra support bar between startmotor and gearbox mount, or is the support applicable for TDI90 only?

Ive just replaced mine with genuine mount, i did look into Polo 9N3 mount but decided that audi designed that support for a reason and it would not economical in the long term to buy a cheaper mount and have to replace it again in 2-3 years time.

On the plus side it only took 1.5 hours from start to finish and half of that was removal of arch liner for the 1st time

I replaced mine with the polo version.It is used on engines up to 1.9 TDI.
With this in mind I thought it would be fine.I have to say my old mount was so shot that even a two foot long steel rsj would not have made any difference.But now my engine ticks over smoothly.I actually temporarily unbolted the bar before going down the polo option.it was exactly the same with or without the bar

Good to hear guys; I am expected the Polo version Monday next week. Also the Polo dogbone version for the subframe. And perhaps interestingly I am getting the Audi dealership to mount it.

I also bought Polo Dogbone mount for my TDI90 from Lemforder, but the original mount was had a more stiffer rubber (i gentle moved the central bolt axis around and the new mount seems to move easier than the orginal used)

I also bought Polo Dogbone mount for my TDI90 from Lemforder, but the original mount was had a more stiffer rubber (i gentle moved the central bolt axis around and the new mount seems to move easier than the orginal used)

What partnumber?

Back