AMF TDI CCV elephant mode

Dblock

Hi guys,

I was just wondering how many if any of you are running the CCV elephant hose mod. You take your CCV pipe and either catch can and then vent it or catch can and reconnect it back to the inlet. If your venting it you plug the inlet and just let the CCV vent.

It will stop your intercooler and inlet filling with sticky oil and it should reduce inlet temps. Some people report mpg gains too.

Something like this

001-10.jpg

Always interested in things like this .... where did you find out about this and where did you purchase the components/kit, please?

David

I run a similar system on my 4X4 vehicle, and I can report that the intercooler is very clean indeed. I fitted it as soon as I got the vehicle so cannot comment on fuel savings.

The system is connected to the Crankcase Ventilation circuit and has the effect of "trapping" oil. There is a little filtered outlet to allow gasses to escape.
In considering such a modification, it is important to be aware of pollution if the system itself is not sealed to the environment.

blue skies
tony

Damn!... another job to add to the list LOL...

I run a PCV delete and catch can on my S3, fairly new to derv's and never really thought about it but this and EGR delete makes sense to me...

I would never dream of putting anything other than v-power and air (occasional meth too of course) through my S3's engine so makes sense to do this on my A2 as well...

I feel a weekend of parts cleaner usage ahead lol

<tuffty/>

Sorry guys don't get on here much.

I just got everything on ebay but you can get them from anywhere tbh. That is not my engine there btw.

Tuffty yeah on petrol cars its a great mod since your PCV vents crap which lowers octane, dirties the inlet and raises temps. Same on tdi's really except the diesels have a CCV which is always postive in pressure so pushing stuff out rather than in a petrol where the inlet "sucks" it through.

I did the mod today. Routed it under my ARB. My car is in the garage getting alignment done but when I started it I'm sure it sounded quieter. Should stop the oil in my inlet pipes too now.

I've decarbonised my diesel by spraying water in it to Derv's are weird lol.

Back