Analogue aircon upgrade...

a2roger

I know this will sould like a stupid question but I am going to ask it anyway.
I have a a2 with the analogue type switch if I refitted a digital aircon unit (from another a2) would it work or would you have to Install all the ac pipes ect?
Are the conecters ect the same at the back?

There's no such thing as analogue aircon on an A2. A2s either have aircon or analogue heating control. Retrofitting aircon would be a nightmare!

RAB

Hi Roger,

You cannot replace the ‘analogue’ heater controls (3 rotary dials) with the digital climate control fascia. The digital system works entirely through electrical wiring, whereas the analogue system works by physical rotating shafts, etc. They’re incompatible in more ways than I could begin to list.

Retrofitting digital climate control was discussed briefly here:

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks i though not, it was more for cosmetic looks but there would be no point changing the units over and not have it functioning properly.

I had a friend who retrofitted climate to a non climate car. To call it a project is an understatement. He only did it because his high spec car was written off and the replacement car was more basic. Took him a few months to swap all he wanted. Really nice when it was all done.

Back