Android head unit.

jp.oog

I've finally got my hands on a VW polo 6n2 stereo cage and cubby to enable fitting a single din stereo into a double din slot without removing the dash to do it.
Naturally there was some head scratching and dremmel work to do but its finally fitted in.
Climate at the bottom, single din stereo and the cubby at the top. The face vents and hazard switch remain un-obstructed too.
This Pioneer unit uses your phone as the satnav, handsfree and music input. There is a built in phone cradle with front mounted USB for charging.
No more expensive map discs to buy and a stereo units that draws little power when not in use.
James
20210902_174248.jpg
20210902_174437.jpg
IMG_20210902_175656_825.jpg
20210902_183504.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting James. Is it possible to tilt the phone holder so that it face the driver square on?
Would be interesting to know what electrical bits are required, and how its wired up. Any notes on this much appreciated?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

The phone can be turned 90 degrees to the portrait position but not towards the driver.
@timmus will be dong the electrical side. Obviously the quad lock connector, gps unit and aux in and bluetooth unit will no longer be used.
James

Back