Another newbie

convert

Hi, just a quick note to say the in the search for an A2, I've found this forum very informative.
Should be picking up our 2001 A2 1.4TDi SE (Pine Green / Beige) on Thursday.
Just a couple of quick questions
1. Do standard Audi 6CD changers fit the A2, is the cabling usually in the boot?
2. Will a standard VW /Audi spacesaver fit OK. (assuming 100mm PCD 5 stud)?
3. Would you recommend CCCtech for a chip upgrade; they're about 5 miles down the road

:D

Hello and welcome.

Answers:

1. You should specify the A2 changer, as pin-outs tend to differ from model to model (for some bizarre and very Audi reason). And you will be extremely lucky to find any cabling already in place.

2. Should do, but you will need to fit a mounting bracket with which to secure it in place.

3. CCCTech are brilliant. Simon did my A2 in November 2004 and it is 'proper bo', according to ULP, another member on here. I think the extra performance is quite good too.

Here's to many happy years as an A2 owner!

Hi convert, welcome to the A2oc
I've just posted some info on the CD changer and link to the fitting guide so check it out.
My 2001 car had the CD changer cable pre installed but I had to remove the boot side panel before finding it
I'm not sure if there is anything unique about an A2 spacesaver
A few club members have used CCCtech and have been very pleased with the performance increase and service

Cheers Spike

ULP said:
I think it is £395 to get the A2 chipped. I wouldn't hold your breath on the e-mail - I have been waiting for a week to get a response to mine!

Simon may take time to reply but always does!
I was quoted £275 for my A2 75BPH TDI

I paid £325 in November 2004. True, he didn't get back to me immediately, but he did get back and did a superb job.

Picked it up, all good so far (fingers crossed again).
It has the concert stereo, but I'm not sure about wiring for the CD changer, I'll strip the boot out at the weekend. If it's not there then the easiest option will be a new head unit

Hi convert
I would not recommend you remove the boot side trim until you are ready to fit a CD changer. It's a big job and there is always the risk of damaging some of the trim in the process.
An easier way to check if the CD cable is pre - installed is to remove the head unit. Special keys are needed but most dealers will release the radio for you, allowing the final removal to be done at home. Check you have the code before unplugging. Once the radio is out, look for the 20 pin connector with a 6.6and 8 pin configuration. The 3 linked blocks could be yellow,green and blue or all black. If wired for a CD changer, pins 13 to 20 (blue section of the 20 pin connector) will all be wired

Cheers Spike

Hey convert
welcome to A2OC another pine green A2 to add to the list
i cant understand why but this is a rare colour for an A2 NICE Choice !!!!!!

Thanks for the tip Spike, I'll try to look over the weekend, but it may be difficult....when the sun shines the Beastie(TVR350i with 235bhp) comes out of the Garage to play....you guys complaing about not getting 60mpg should try it....I'm lucky to get 16mpg.....but God the grin factor is huge!!!!:D

Wooly, I agree Pine green is excellent, the Wifes' previous chariot was a Mazda 323F in sparkle green (she just likes green cars), but we've given that to No.1 daughter now...

We;; guys, 15 years later, 40,000 mile son.
2 sets of front springs, 2 sets of tyres, 2 sets of drop links, a couple of headlight bulbs and a timingbelt / water pump replacement, we still have the A2.

Wife loves it, although it's not been used much through the pandemic as we also have a 160Kw Nissan Leaf for most of the day to day stuff. (Still have the TVR as well)

Back