Anyone have experience of transporting vehicles through Shiply?

YorkshireHill

A2OC Donor
Hi A2 friends

Does anyone have any tips on how to select a transporter service using Shiply?

Not strictly an A2 question but not sure which topic this thread would fit into. But anyway, it could relate to an A2...
Indeed the only time, I've encountered Shiply was when @dj_efk organised my A2 to travel to its new home.

So, my current task is this. I need to arrange transport of my Mum's small Kia to be transported from Kent to her new home in Yorkshire.

Requested on Shiply and now I'm faced with 50 or so quotes - all decreasing in cost by the hour and hundreds of customer reviews to read.

Where do I start? - any ideas?

Thanks

Hilary

Here's his mobile number

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220409-173003_Contacts.jpg
    Screenshot_20220409-173003_Contacts.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 87
I requested quotes from Shiply to move my A2 back to the UK from France last year - very expensive on that occasion and didn't use in the end.

I've used shiply several times . Once to move a car. Initial quotes were higher than I hoped for. They came down to reasonable levels . I was flexible about timescale and notice though. All went well . You are effectively putting your job up for a auction with probably the lower/lowest bidder winning . You choose though so worth looking at feedback. I've used shiply to deliver a door because it was cheaper than other couriers and some wouldnt quote for a door . Worth a look but I would maybe be a bit cautious if it was a car I had never seen being delivered by a company I hadn't used before . Or is that a bit paranoid ?

Sent from my Nokia C01 Plus using Tapatalk

Shiply is just a third party marketplace for bidding on moving an item. When I had some boxes moved, the courier explained that if I'd booked it direct with them, I'd have saved Shiply's 20% 'skim'. So use Shiply to find a courier and check on their ratings, but maybe take some time to contact them independently of the website.

Check Recovery City on FB it's basically Shipley without their commission. I've used a guy Danny Webb a few times now and never had any issues

I used Shiply, I got lucky and a guy was coming back with an empty trailer and it was half the price. Had good feedback so thought it worth a go. I had heard nightmare stories about cars going missing but I've not had a problem the few times I've used it.

Attachments

• IMG-20220607-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20220607-WA0001.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 62
Evening all,

Only used Shipley once and it was a very pleasant experience:

£73 from Stanford to Coalville as the driver was in the collection area and passing Coalville on the way back to Scotland
22E92717-48F1-4860-BE59-FE35CC7C6950.png

Miss this one already as it looked to have so much potential
671E0599-815F-41F2-B68A-B918DAA776A1.jpeg

From my very limited experience with Shipley, do not got for the first few quotes and wait a day for the more reasonably priced couriers to contact you.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back