Anyone have genuine Audi roof bars?

mrbroons

I fitted my bars last week. I came to fit my Thule cycle carrier 530? onto them last week. The problem was that the bike carrier doesn't fit on the bars, the bars are too chubby for the semi-circle bar and pin to go around. Does anyone have experience fitting cycle carriers from Thule onto these bars or the original manual that I can see to figure it out?

thanks in advance!

theres a rubber strip that goes across the top channel, i imagine he means there a plate that fits in the slots the seal goes in that you can fix too

The ones that slide into the roof rails

thule-591-spare-parts.gif

You don't need to use the semi circular latches then. This is for a different model of cycle carrier from thule, so I can't say for certain if yours have them. I also may be getting confused with one of my other sets of roof bars as I have 3 for the A2.

See page 4 of these instructions http://www.roofbox.co.uk/fitting/TU591.pdf

Many thanks to all!!! 2 sets ordered will let you know how I get on, thanks for the quick response, never seen these before.

I've got the original manual that came with my Audi roof bars, I'll see if I can scan it and upload to the site this week.

Ive got the roof bars and the Thule cycle carriers
when I bought the ccycle carriers they came with bith sets of parts I use part 50335 above in drawing the wrap around clamps went in the bin

I have some original bars but was missing a couple of end caps. have just bought an old set of A4 genuine roof bars and can confirm that the end covers are interchangable between a2 and a4 bars. you need to check from photos before buying if getting online as there seem to be several different genuine bars for the a4 around that time ( or at least there are several versions advertised as 2001 audi A4.) The part number on the ones i bought is

515-0162-02, but like i say check photos look like A2 end caps.cheers​

I have some original bars but was missing a couple of end caps. have just bought an old set of A4 genuine roof bars and can confirm that the end covers are interchangable between a2 and a4 bars. you need to check from photos before buying if getting online as there seem to be several different genuine bars for the a4 around that time ( or at least there are several versions advertised as 2001 audi A4.) The part number on the ones i bought is

Useful for you @Cenick

here's an example of the bar type i bought (just for the end caps)...

Do you have a picture of yours as I am missing one end cap,
Cheers
Ami

Do you have a picture of yours as I am missing one end cap,
Cheers
Ami

I think this should be what you are looking for

Sent from the future

Reactions: Ami
I think this should be what you are looking for

Sent from the future
Good find looks identical
Just put it in my watch list , its for collection only, and 110 miles from me, I will ask the guy if he would just post the end caps for the price of the complete roof bars,
Cheers for your help,
Ami

Good find looks identical
Just put it in my watch list , its for collection only, and 110 miles from me, I will ask the guy if he would just post the end caps for the price of the complete roof bars,
Cheers for your help,
Ami
Ami,

Let me know if the seller isn't willing to assist with postage. The listing seems to be only 45 mins from me and happy to help out if I can. I could collect and send the parts you want or hand the complete purchase over to someone attending the Club Meal Social at the end of March for onward movement to you.

I'm here to jump in if you need me to do so.

Kind regards,

Tom

Reactions: Ami
Ami,

Let me know if the seller isn't willing to assist with postage. The listing seems to be only 45 mins from me and happy to help out if I can. I could collect and send the parts you want or hand the complete purchase over to someone attending the Club Meal Social at the end of March for onward movement to you.

I'm here to jump in if you need me to do so.

Kind regards,

Tom
My folks are in Rugby Ami. More than happy to
do the same if that helps

Back