Anyone know where I can get the gearbox turret for a 1.4tdi 75?

hoverdog

United-Kingdom
I am a complete novice to forums so apologies in advance for any mistakes in etiquette. I've recently got a barn find A2 but the gearbox turret needs to be replaced, anyone know of the availability of such an item? I am based in Gateshead.

New from Audi, not cheap tho, I think mine was 200+vat for the turret and the bottom cover which is needed

New from Audi, not cheap tho, I think mine was 200+vat for the turret and the bottom cover which is needed
I did this job recently and also just purchased a new one from Audi. The one I got was of the original design, meaning the existing bottom cover could be retained.
The newer tower design may be an overall improvement, though.

Cheers,

Tom

Cheers Guys, rather than opt for a second hand part I've gone for a new one from Audi. Just been to look at the A2 which is being worked on at our local garage-the existing tower/turret was covered in water damaged rust but worst of all the gearbox had water too inside it. lets hope it all flushes out successfully.

Often the cause of turret problems and water in the gearbox, check that the collector cup isn't missing from above the turret where the drain exits from the bonnet - otherwise the new turret will go the same way :(

Cheers Guys, rather than opt for a second hand part I've gone for a new one from Audi. Just been to look at the A2 which is being worked on at our local garage-the existing tower/turret was covered in water damaged rust but worst of all the gearbox had water too inside it. lets hope it all flushes out successfully.
What’s the part number out of interest?

Back