Anyone successfully installed tdi 90 turbo setup on amf?

ThE1gOg

Hi,

I know the 90 is vnt setup, has anyone successfully installed the 90 tdi turbo/manifold and vnt vac setup on an amf engine?

The other big difference is the tdi 90 has bigger injectors. This enables higher fuel delivery than the 75 injectors can give. Problem is they are so expensive and I'm yet to find another vag engine that uses them to try second hand ones. Cheers Mike

Ah ok I was hoping it had been done already, so I could get an idea of what the vac line setup was to operate the vnt.

The turbo used on the 130pd 4 cyl has been used a few times on tdiclub by cutting off a branch an welding it. That's what I'm looking to do, however Info on the vac line setup to it is scarce unfortunately.
So I was going to see what is required to run the atl setup.

I thought the turbo used in the 90 doesn't have a wastegate at all?

That's correct.
The theory is that if you add a 90 tdi turbo to an AMF engine, the N75 valve signal line which normally goes to the wastegate can be used to operate the variable vane actuator on the new turbo.

Crudely, wastegates and variable vanes are both used to control turbo boost so there should be some correlation between the ECU programming of each system.
Variable vanes however are smarter and can optimise boost at low rpm so it may be possible to do something with the mapping to get the best out of the new turbo when fitted to the 75 bhp engine.

As Sumo indicated, more power needs bigger injectors but if you are happy with 105+ bhp, if it works, the 90tdi turbo may improve bottom end power and driveability. It may also improve fuel economy as the increased airflow to the cylinders should improve the 'burn'

Cheers Spike

Back