Audi 1.4 AUA dies, looses the ignition pulse?

When it´s raining outside or is rather "wet" the car looses the ignition pulse for a second and then "comes again". The RPM meter shows 0 and then baam and it get´s ignition again.

I don´t think its the fuel since it has no DTC, but once in a while the car get´s a trouble code "lower load limit exceeded" but the MAF is okey and that one only come ones in a year=). off with the battery and the car is ok again.

Does anyone else has the same problem with the car? looses the ignition without setting any trouble codes?

Maybe the flywheel don´t have all the trigger or something?

Best Regards
Rickard
Sweden

I had the same problem with my previous A2 1.4 (03/2001). The local car service did not find anything but they was able to reproduce the problem. After some 1.5 years of investigations they shipped a new A2 to me. Now this one works perfectly without any problem :)

Regards,
Norbert
Hungary

sounds like a crank angle sensing problem to me - both RPM and ignition timings are fundamentally derived from the CAS.

gjp33 said:
sounds like a crank angle sensing problem to me - both RPM and ignition timings are fundamentally derived from the CAS.

yes- but the question is if it´s the Crank angle sensor or the Ignition Control Module.
If it was the crank angle sensor I should have a trouble code? because it lost signal.
I never had a trouble code because of this fault!!

Maybe a trigger in the flywheel is broken or that the previous owner (car rental service in Stockholm sweden) has done something strange with the car...

/Rickard

ndavid said:
I had the same problem with my previous A2 1.4 (03/2001). The local car service did not find anything but they was able to reproduce the problem. After some 1.5 years of investigations they shipped a new A2 to me. Now this one works perfectly without any problem :)

Regards,
Norbert
Hungary

Did they tell you what was wrong with the car??
My car does this about ones in a week, sometimes only ones in a month, and a Shop named "Bilab" in sweden had it in for a month and they couldn't find anything, but the only thing they did was testdriving it for one hour and check with their V.A.G com.
So they didn't solve any problem, just cost med alot of money and told me nothing was wrong with the car- Or, they didn't have enough competence to find it, according to me.

They could not find what was wrong. The service had been testdriving my car for a whole month (was 1000 km !) and they was able to reproduce the problem TWICE. (I was using their own A2 1.4 TDI during this month).
After that they suggested to replace the car with a new one.

Back