Tuneko

I have build previously some lupo 2l which was able to go 2/100km @ 100 km/h speed and it was faster than golf gti from factory. And Audi A8 with 1.2tdi which lowest measured tank fuel consumption was 2.84 l/100km.

Now its time to build my first own Audi A2 which will be again fast and fuel efficient. Car to begin with is a 90 hp version which is already lowered and chipped to be reasonable fast. Previous owner drove it under 10 minutes lap at the nurburgring.
https://acf.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Tapahtum....7./20170708_131321_KaroHolmberg_CA3_8830.jpg
Can you see that picture?

I will put there the the 6 speed MYP gearbox, which I got from other Audi A2. I had problems with driveshafts so all knowledge on that swap is appreciated. Like do you need to use some other driveshafts when you put that gearbox to A2?

Also more power is coming and target hp range is 200 hp.

Little bit of weight reductions

Aerodynamics will have something similar mods as this my customers heavily modified A2:
Aerodynamically and mechanically heavily modified audi A2
11427355_1148250381855512_6181455258310101299_o.jpg

How can that car steer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The way i see the photo there is a single clip on the front wheel cover that will enable it to come off and steer, but defeating the object of having it there unless it is just used in straight line speed tests but even then i would think it needs more steering allowance than the front cover gives.

Hi Tuneko,
have watched your videos on youtube with your Lupo and A8 over the years.
Welcome to the Forum

Chubbz

I had thought that front panel must pivot to allow it to be moved by the wheel when turned Presumably it also has a leading edge baffle otherwise as soon as you turned the opening created would baffle air into the wheel arch and create drag (assuming it didn’t just rip the cover off). That might help steering of course - it would be an airbrake on the inside wheel while the outside wheel arch would push in to the corner as well. Airbrakes in an A2!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back