Audi A2 1.6 FSI High Pressure Fuel pump

Some pictures for all you 1.6 FSI owners that have high pressure fuel pumps. Mine started to fail due to worn seals. Normally a very expensive fix but i managed to sort it for the cost of rubber o rings. I hope this helps people understand how to fix it their selves in the future and save hundreds!
20191128_170638.jpg
IMG-20191128-WA0001.jpg

The picture above shows the internals of my high pressure fuel pump. The next picture shows which o ring failed causing loss of power above 3k revvs.
IMG-20191128-WA0002.jpg

The next few pictures are screenshots that hopefully help people in the future.
Screenshot_20200417-005259_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200417-005244_Gallery.jpg

I don't have an exact link to the kit i have because i purchased it a few years back. But if it helps I'll certainly try look for one similar for you.

No problems mate. I've had every common problem on my little A2 ive had to fix. Injectors, Manifold flaps seized, Manifold actuator shaft snapped, coilpacks and high pressure fuel pump. So my car is sorted for many miles to come! And the best part i did this all at home and ive only spent £75 on parts! Also if you have a 1.6 FSI I'd suggest you make a blanking plate for your EGR on the flange on the side of the engine block because it then stops soot build ups on the top of your valves. And helps your engine very slightly on MPG and I'd imagine long term would help extend the life of your engine. I've done this to mine with zero engine lights or fault codes and no difference in engine performance.

I wonder how many fsi's have been disposed of due to a cheap fix? Thanks for the info, this will definitely be drawn on if I need it in the future.

Hello to everyone! Can please somebody give me an ebay link for the O
IMG_20200423_082721.jpg
rings, or does anybody knows the cross section and internal diameter so I can order them on line. And it has to VITON type correct if I'm wrong. Thank you in advance.

[Admin hat on]
The post regarding an FSI high pressure pump wanted and subsequent responses including very kind offers, have been moved to the Wanted section of the Marketplace, since the conversation ended up involving prices. For future reference, that would have been the right place to start that particular topic.
[/Admin hat]

O-ring material should be Viton/FKM. If Nitrile has been used here, it's not such a good option.

RAB
I'm with @RAB on this. The description just says "Rubber" Materials are very important, especially with E5 and E10 fuels, that contain alcohol.
I'm sure once the o ring size is known, a source can be found for the right spec part.
Potentially huge saving for us FSI'ers.
Mac.

I'm with @RAB on this. The description just says "Rubber" Materials are very important, especially with E5 and E10 fuels, that contain alcohol.
I'm sure once the o ring size is known, a source can be found for the right spec part.
Potentially huge saving for us FSI'ers.
Mac.
Following in case you find the exact measurements. The other day I opened the valves the inside diameter (I'm talking about the actual valve gap diameter) was 17,5mm and the cross thickness(measuring the used o ring) seems to be 2mm but it depends if the O ring has to be a bit smaller for tight fit and if the cross thickness of the ring we measured was allready affected by the use

Hi there, really nice post with useful information, since I have problem with high pressure pump on my 1.6 FSI.
So has anyone tried this fix and can confirm that replacing O-ring solves problems? Also what type of tool you have used to open these special shaped screws of the valves?

Following in case you find the exact measurements. The other day I opened the valves the inside diameter (I'm talking about the actual valve gap diameter) was 17,5mm and the cross thickness(measuring the used o ring) seems to be 2mm but it depends if the O ring has to be a bit smaller for tight fit and if the cross thickness of the ring we measured was allready affected by the use

Hi,

I assume these measures are for 2 pcs of o-rings which are on the outside of each valve. However from the photos of jackwickers2003, I can see that he did set apart valves itself. So from these photos I see one more smaller o-ring inside. Not sure if it is possible to access this o-ring without damaging valve (from photos it looks like some metal plate was damage in order to set valve apart), have you also replaced it?

Back