Audi A2 from Sweden

DanneB

I attach some pictures on my Audi A2 1.4 petrol, I have just polished and waxed it and installed cruise control.

IMG_20200321_211302.jpg

IMG_20200321_211738.jpg

IMG_20200321_211937.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome!
Did you install cc yourself, eg using the cum cartec kit?

Yes I bought an cruise control/turn signal stalk from Ebay with cable that I mounted myself and then made the coding with my Obdeleven app in the phone.
A pretty simple job.

Some updates on what has been done on my A2.

I have changed the entire number plate light unit, it was a big job.

And I also changed the timing belt and water pump, v-ribbed belt and pulley, all fluids motor oil, anti freeze, steering oil, brake fluid, gearbox oil and filters.

IMG_20200711_000347.jpg

IMG_20200711_000430.jpg

IMG_20200620_122852.jpg

I have also changed the driver doors check strap with an upgraded variant. I've bought it from an member on A2OC.

Was it just a preventive job, or were there any symptoms you wanted to fix? I havent really got a grip on what improvements to expect after having done this, but been thinking on it for a while.

Sometimes when I start it in cold weather it hesitate and when I start from standstill in the first gear.

I have cleaned the throttle body and also changed the spark plugs and the water temperature sensor and I will also reflash the ecu with the latest software 036906034CA 5949 for BBY engine.

Then it should be fine.

Next thing to install are an android unit with original look (RNS-E), reverse camera and upgraded speakers.

I have decided to keep this Audi A2 for many years ?, it has 90000 miles on the odometer right now.

Last edited:
Sometimes when I start it in cold weather it hesitate and when I start from standstill in the first gear.

I have cleaned the throttle body and also changed the spark plugs and the water temperature sensor and I will also reflash the ecu with the latest software 036906034CA 5949 for BBY engine.

Then it should be fine.
Interesting. Have you driven the car now after those works and seen any differences?
Btw, I guess not every dealer has the tool to update to 5949? Did you find anyone near you?

It haven't been cold yet but it feels better when I start in the first gear.
I fix the reflash myself.

Could I ask what you used to perform the flash please

Cheers Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read out the old software from the ecu with Kess V2 and it work, so it should work to write the new software too with that tool.

Otherwise I take out the ecu from the car and make the write on table.

Back