audi a2 fsi

Paulchef

hi everybody hope you all wall . Just want to no why my eml light does not light up when I trun the key .had a scan done and all OK had the car about six mouths and drivers great .thanks

Thanks for replying. Why would they do that . I will have a look tomorrow is it a big job to take out the dash board. Thanks

It probably had an historical fault they they were unable to get rid of or didn’t want to pay to get rid of. A bit of black tape with the easier option. Quite straightforward to remove. 2 torx on the underside of the cowling. 3 toes holding the clocks in. The clocks come apart from the back.

Thanks will look tomorrow or weekend. Some one did say it could have had a remap on the ecu . But not sure .

Thanks will look tomorrow or weekend. Some one did say it could have had a remap on the ecu . But not sure .
Remapping the FSI is unusual*, disabling the EML is fairly common (as is destroying the EML LED (let's hope it is taped).
*less so now that Proboost is available from @A2Steve.

hi everybody hope you all wall . Just want to no why my eml light does not light up when I trun the key .had a scan done and all OK had the car about six mouths and drivers great .thanks
Hi Paulchef,
When it was scanned do you know what was used (VCDS)is the preferred option as gives dealer level diagnostics, also I don’t know if you’re due an mot soon but it will fail the new test if there’s an eml up or if it fails to light & then go out as designed.
Hth
Keith.

Back