Audi a2 windscreen washer pipe

stevec

Wales
Hi all. My windcsreen washer pipe has split close to the driver's side washer jet. Anyone know the correct hose size to use?
Thanks Steve

Might be an idea to take some of the tube to an equatics shop, ya never know, they might have some tubing that will do the job.

From 7zap, the washer pipe is bought in 10m lengths then cut to size -

6mm x 0,75 X 10000mm, # 1J0 955 751D

However, when the pipe on my other half's car split I cut out the knackered bit (it was all a bit brittle up by the bulkhead), and replaced the length with 6 inches of 1/4" or 3/8" clear silicone hose from the lab pushed over the ends by around 3/4 inch and secured in place by a couple of small cable ties on each interface.

I used this from Halffrauds
The old tubing is VERY brittle do not pull on it. Gently heat it carefully with a gas lighter it then pops off. Helps sometimes to warm the new tubing to get it to fit better. At £3 not bad really.

I used this from Halffrauds
The old tubing is VERY brittle do not pull on it. Gently heat it carefully with a gas lighter it then pops off. Helps sometimes to warm the new tubing to get it to fit better. At £3 not bad really.
Looking at the text of the link, that is a hell of a large bore!!! - Andy

It is on my A2 and is a perfect fit. Read the size again. 2.4m long 3.2 mm bore. Perfect.
I know the bore is 3.2mm, but it is not what the link text says, or should I say the text in the link box that appears in your post, an attempt at humour, never mind.

Andy

Back