Audi dealers are crap.

Shaun's

I bought drop links and anti roll bar bushes from the dealer and the links don't even come with nuts so you use the old ones. Then I went to put bushes in but they are the wrong size so took them back to dealers and they said "because it's been over two weeks we can't send them back" so basically I can't get a refund and they won't change the wrong parts they sold me.
Make sure you don't leave it over two weeks to fix your car.
F*#K the dealers I will got else where.

If they took your reg or chassis number and they supplied the wrong bushes then it is their fault.

But it is possible that someone has upgraded the ARB, this is a common modification.

But they still should be more considerate.

Steve B

I'd scrutinise the small print on the rear of the invoice they gave you. I presume you went and ordered the parts in person? If so, then no 'distance selling' rules apply, which would normally be where the 14 days stuff comes in.

However, clause 26 refers to 'goods which you did not order specifically' which I'd argue is the case here - you ordered the parts for your A2, which these clearly are not the same. Might be worth a shot, although for the cost of the bushes, it may not be worth the fuel to go back and argue with them.

But, be sure that it's the OE ARB and clips that are there before you go in arguing! I believe the correct bushes are 8Z0411314B

Cheers,

Michael

Last edited:
dont forget to name and shame these clowns shaun.

terrible service from audi not to take back a return! and i would echo mikes comments but worst case scenario is that you sell them via this forum. come to think of it im sure i need a set but not sure which size i need lol

not to hijack this thread but i think i need new drop links too! im getting a kind of shattered rattling noise from front of car and i know the bushes are gone due to my old audi having the same knocking noise.

cammy

Just to recap what's been said.
Your 2002 model car would have originally had the old style roll bar with plastic sleeves and used 20.8 mm bore bushes (Skipton supplied the bush P/N above)

Late 2003 model cars use the new style roll bar without plastic sleeves but with metal 'washer type' collars to locate the bushes.
Bushes are 16mm bore with P/N 6Q0 411 314L.

As above, a common upgrade is to fit the new roll bar and 16 mm bushes.

A cheap fix on the old style roll bar is to break off the plastic sleeves and use 16mm bore bushes.

If your dealer worked off the chassis or reg number he should have supplied the 20.8mm bore bushes.
Drop links don't come with the nuts which are listed separately.

If he supplied the right parts defined by the chassis number but there were undisclosed changes to the roll bar, I'm afraid it's down to you and the time limit on re-stocking special order parts would apply.

Which bushes were actually supplied ?

Cheers Spike

Thanks all I have the old style with plastic sleeve. I slung them in the bushes coz I was pi*#ed off with them. Later I thought of people on here might want them, ******. Sorry.
The dealer inextricably to ingleby barwick. image.jpg
The plastic shim on the left came out first then six weeks later the other side but easy fix.

Just another thought which might swing things in your favour - the early type ARB without the captive welded collars were routinely replaced under warranty by Audi dealers (mine was one of them). These changes will be kept on file by Audi, so the parts department should really have double checked the vehicle history - these ARB issues and changes in design affected pretty much all front wheel driven Audis from the late 90's including the TT and A3, so it's not an uncommon issue at all.

It's probably not worth your while losing more sleep over it, but put it down to experience and for general info, Audi pretty much never supply parts as kits - if something you're changing needs a nut or a bolt, then these will be separate and chargeable items.

Cheers,

Michael.

Thanks all I have the old style with plastic sleeve. I slung them in the bushes coz I was pi*#ed off with them. Later I thought of people on here might want them, ******. Sorry.
The dealer inextricably to ingleby barwick. View attachment 17908
The plastic shim on the left came out first then six weeks later the other side but easy fix.

There was no criticism intended. Main thing is you got it sorted.
These type of queries always help serve as a reminder to other members to be aware of their cars history before ordering parts - often not too easy with our ageing A2s which may have had several previous owners.

Cheers Spike

Back