Audi Dealers' Servicing

bennettj

In the latest edition of the Audi magazine I saw that you could obtain a FREE MOT test at a local Audi Dealer.

This I have duly booked and saved myself £50 odd pounds.

When booking this on the Audi Website I saw that they are offerring a major service for £199 including all parts and VAT - again at Audi dealerships.

My A2 is due a timing belt replacement and they are offerring this for £350.

These would appear to me to be extremely good value from an independant dealer never mind Audi.

Am I missing something - or is the usual criterion of if something is too good to be true then it usually is.

Regards,

John Bennett

In the latest edition of the Audi magazine I saw that you could obtain a FREE MOT test at a local Audi Dealer.

This I have duly booked and saved myself £50 odd pounds.

When booking this on the Audi Website I saw that they are offerring a major service for £199 including all parts and VAT - again at Audi dealerships.

My A2 is due a timing belt replacement and they are offerring this for £350.

These would appear to me to be extremely good value from an independant dealer never mind Audi.

Am I missing something - or is the usual criterion of if something is too good to be true then it usually is.

Regards,

John Bennett

I am literally in the process of doing this myself.

The CamBelt actually came to 429 as the said the water pump needed doing at the same time (the extra 100) the consensus on this forum is that it was right to do this.

The 199 package is indeed good... as long as they don't find anything else wrong with it... like a worn bulb which they try to charge you £32.00 for.

The free MOT is great.

Hi John

Your right it is good value, I had my 03 petrol sport serviced in February all for £199 - really good job and of course the service book stamped by Audi.

So I would defintely recommend it, I also had an A3 as a courtesy car!

As for the cambelt - go for it as well.

Cheers Andy

Be careful with their idea of a "major" service. It's my idea of an interim service, and if you want a proper 80k service done it'll cost you £330 odd from Audi.

It is quite usual for a dealership to charge extra for a fuel and pollen filter change - a normal service for this £199 will include oil and filter, air filter and a visual check only.

Fluid top ups will also normally cost you and as has been said earlier, extra work will normally be found too.

Several members have used me for their major servicing and their response has been very good (see the following thread: http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9842 ).

I will tackle most jobs for members - from the simple to the hugely complex. However, I will not do cambelt changes, as I strongly believe that this should be done by a main dealer - besides, I don't really have the workshop equipped for it.

You may get the service book stamped by Audi and a courtesy car, but a signature and the Skipton Autos brand will it seems, carry just as much weight with any member of this forum.

Cheers,

Mike

It is quite usual for a dealership to charge extra for a fuel and pollen filter change - a normal service for this £199 will include oil and filter, air filter and a visual check only.

Exactly. Audi are using it as a headline grabber, but if you take the same list of actual tasks to an independent such as yourself you'll get it much cheaper. Also if you ask an independent to do a "major" service, i'd wager you'll get a damn sight more work done than asking Audi for the same thing.

You may get the service book stamped by Audi and a courtesy car, but a signature and the Skipton Autos brand will it seems, carry just as much weight with any member of this forum.

Harumph and hear here!! :D Think an early Xmas prezzie is in order. Will look into getting a 'Skipton Audi' dealer stamp made up. :cool:

I'm not always convinced with smaller garages servicing

My wifes Leon went into a local garage for a 50,000 service and it cost £450! this was only supposed to be a interim service as well.

My A2 at an Audi dealer - FULL service - £199 They did a great job and washed and vacuumed it. I know that there is always the chance that they will want to replace a bulb for silly money, but things like that I will do myself.

I'm sure there are many garages that do a good job, but I personally prefer the belts and braces of a main delaer - especially when you bought the car off them. I had a cambelt changed free due to a mix up with Audi changing their intervals, I also had 3 other warranty jobs done - no quibble as the sales manager was keen to keep my business as I had bought off them and he was making sure I was satisfied - which I was.
Any doubt for me about my next car has gone - it will be an Audi from that same dealership ...................no question!

Andy, I think theres good and bad in both the Stearlership's and the independants, just pot luck who you get I suppose. In my experience I have had NOTHING but problems with both Mercedes AND Audi.

The thing is, I know how car's work and IF they try it on with me, then what must be happening to people who are unfamiliar with car technology.

People are getting ripped off up and down the country. I understand the government is launching some sort of scheme soon, to tackle rouge garages.

Andy which dealership is it that you have such good service from then? always good to name GOOD garages as well as bad ones. :)

Cheers

SARGE

I can pay homage to the Free MOT.

Had mine today, (I was very apprehensive), not only did it pass, It was also Hoovered and Washed for free.

I was very impressed, there was no hard sell (maybe this will come later now they have my details) was given free drinks, the Times to read (it's just the posh version of the Sun).

Partially restored a bit of faith in the Stealers, especially Southampton Audi.

Just as a side note......

Theres some really wierd folk who drive Audis and literally are clueless about the simplest of things

Sarge

It was Cheshire Oaks Audi - I find them to be helpful and Courteous.
I thought to begin with that although I was a customer because I had bought the cheapest on their forecourt, that I might get a "lesser service" than people spending £20-30k. But no, they couldn't do enough.
I will use them for MOT and servicing, but if they start to "try it on" then I'll be off, but I don't think this will happen.

I would say that if you do find a garage either franchised or not that do a good job then stick with them!

Audi service

I have booked my Tdi in next week for one of the Audi UK £199 services which I note on the site includes "changing the diesel filter". This is the main reason since it has never been changed, although my mileage is low. The service book is confusing: every long life service at 2 years includes "fuel filter replaced (TDI engines; not for engines with unit injector system)" and extra work at 40K miles says "fuel filter replaced (TDI engines with unit injector system)" My question does the A2 Tdi have unit injector system and will I get the filter changed without an argument ior extra charge. Has anyone used the new price service and had a diesel filter change included.

Audi dealers £199 full service - as per Audi wb site.

I phoned Audi Walton to book my TDI in for the above last week.

I explained that I am a low mileage driver (4-5000 miles p.a.) and requested the long life service rather than the time service.

Ah...........that will be £373-90!

Whilst appreciating the the synthetic oil is very expensive I am at a loss to justify the additional £75.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

John

Be careful with their idea of a "major" service. It's my idea of an interim service, and if you want a proper 80k service done it'll cost you £330 odd from Audi.

What additional work is required for the 80k longlife service?

Does anyone have a list of service requirements for a 2003 1.6 FSI on 64k and on variable servicing that has had 3 previous long life services and its cambelt already done at 57k. Need to know ASAP because my A2 is getting serviced tomorrow.

Cheers in advance :)

Last edited:
Back