Audi germany factory tour

the grim reeper

A2OC Donor
What about a trip over to Audi HQ with a tour of the factory and may be meet up with German A2oc ??.
Any thoughts, i think some posted on here that they did something like this early this year

Cheers Phil

What about a trip over to Audi HQ with a tour of the factory and may be meet up with German A2oc ??.
Any thoughts, i think some posted on here that they did something like this early this year

Cheers Phil

Add me to the list of attendance at the event

Last edited:
Good call Phil. Always been on my list of to do's. Count me in to the interested parties!:)

Looks like it will have to go to the powers that be to decide what it would to set this up and how much, if not next year what about the year after

Cheers Phil

Finances depending, I/(we) would definitely be up for a social of this calibre; a meet with our fellow European colleagues, combined with a factory tour is definitely one of my top wish list to do's.

Darren

Me too, when i saw the post early this year i thought that would be great, a chance to see the factory where the A2 was built. Just thought i would through this one out there and see where it go's

Cheers Phil

We would love to join this, couple of points
My kids would also love to come so is school hols a possible ?
I would imagine like many others we are starting to look at booking leave for 2009 so may struggle if we cannot at least get a date to book fairly soon ?

ingoldstadt

Just to let you Know i lived in ingolstadt for 10 years all my german frends worked in audi i speak german and i know all about ingoldstadt

Mr B

Which factory?

Heilbronn / Neckarsulm --> A6, A4, R8
Ingolstadt --> A3, A5, Q5 etc

Ingolstadt is a significant trek further for you guys. NSU we did back in May; we had some help from Audi which enabled pics like this:

3117865_e1e9f5fd53ffaa666444f555f60aa1e4_large.jpg

- that was from the roof of the building on the other side of the road.

The rest of the set: http://www.23hq.com/bretti_kivi/album/3117815

When?

"School holidays" doesn't help at all. Late May Bank Holiday is when? The UK breaks up for the summer silly-late these days IMO, but when? Dates please!

Just NSU is also a bit silly. Do you want to combine something else as well? If so, What?

There's...
- Hockenheimring
- Nürburgring
- various breweries
- the technical museum at Sinsheim / Speyer (I think it's technik-museum.de)
and other options / thoughts for filling a weekend. We did our tour last time on a Friday, because there's generally no problem getting the Friday off if the Thursday is a bank holiday (Ascension etc). I daresay we'd hit close on 80 A2s this time, too.

An alternative would also be the Wolfsburg Autostadt, with the VW-factories; or, better still, the A1 Launch in September 09 at the IAA in Frankfurt ;)

Bret

Which factory?

Heilbronn / Neckarsulm --> A6, A4, R8
Ingolstadt --> A3, A5, Q5 etc

Ingolstadt is a significant trek further for you guys. NSU we did back in May; we had some help from Audi which enabled pics like this:

3117865_e1e9f5fd53ffaa666444f555f60aa1e4_large.jpg

- that was from the roof of the building on the other side of the road.

The rest of the set: http://www.23hq.com/bretti_kivi/album/3117815

When?

"School holidays" doesn't help at all. Late May Bank Holiday is when? The UK breaks up for the summer silly-late these days IMO, but when? Dates please!

Just NSU is also a bit silly. Do you want to combine something else as well? If so, What?

There's...
- Hockenheimring
- Nürburgring
- various breweries
- the technical museum at Sinsheim / Speyer (I think it's technik-museum.de)
and other options / thoughts for filling a weekend. We did our tour last time on a Friday, because there's generally no problem getting the Friday off if the Thursday is a bank holiday (Ascension etc). I daresay we'd hit close on 80 A2s this time, too.

An alternative would also be the Wolfsburg Autostadt, with the VW-factories; or, better still, the A1 Launch in September 09 at the IAA in Frankfurt ;)

Bret

Now the A1 launch may be something to aim for. As for the tour what would be the best tour or what did you do last time?????

Cheers Phil

What about a trip over to Audi HQ with a tour of the factory and may be meet up with German A2OC ??.
Any thoughts, I think some posted on here that they did something like this earlier this year

Cheers Phil

A group of us did this in 2004 with a tour of the A2 plant in Neckarsulm and then a visit to the HQ in Ingolstadt. Would be a good trip to do again ~ as Mike suggests to see new A2 in build etc.
Mervyn

PS. Frido did most of the organising and we were based in Nuremburg.

Last edited:
Since I have not been there this year, I would be very interested.

How about a trip back via Berlin with all the UK cars? ;)

Back