Audi Parts Direct

Ordered a part from them online more than 3 weeks ago, an old style wiper blade. Their website said they had 10 and as this is an obsolete part I thought I would get 2 and put a note on here letting everyone know that there still was a few left. Email back, they only had one, so replied I'll take that one and refund for the other. Didn't arrive. 2 email chasers, and a then a phone call established that they couldn't find it - this is despite an email confirming that it had been dispatched. Not impressed especially as they put the phone down while I was still speaking.

There's also a converter from Bosch that puts an aero style blade into the wide U-shaped hook on the original wiper arm type. Need to be careful - there are similar ones from Valeo among others for retrofitting aero blades onto to Transporters and the like that look similar, but where the mounting isn't wide enough for the breadth of the hook (12mm?) on the A2.

There's also a converter from Bosch that puts an aero style blade into the wide U-shaped hook on the original wiper arm type. Need to be careful - there are similar ones from Valeo among others for retrofitting aero blades onto to Transporters and the like that look similar, but where the mounting isn't wide enough for the breadth of the hook (12mm?) on the A2.
Tried the converter U-shape piece once - before I converted to the full Aero arm - and it didn't work well, in some places the blade would not wipe the windscreen properly. Value for money the aero arm/ wiper upgrade is one of the best thing I ever did on my previous 2002 A2.

What is this one that came with my 02 A2? Any ideas?
IMG_4348.JPG

I prefer the look of the old style one - may have found a way round the obsolete part, will post in a couple of weeks.

I thought it didn't come off but it does.
I prefer this style too.
I wall buy one of these blades thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4349.JPG
    IMG_4349.JPG
    811.4 KB · Views: 302
re "the big fin" - I remember some of my Dad's Audi 100s in the late 80s / early 90s having that extra inverted wing thing on the front of them - they were Bosch as well. Probably something to do with keeping the wiper stable on the windscreen "at autobahn speeds".

I brought a Halfords one because when I brought the car the wiper was terrible.
After having the car about a month I learnt it was the wiper arm dragging its arse across the screen, hence the scratched windscreen.
I thought it was the terrible blade that had scratched it!
I inspected the old fin blade that I took off ,but didn't bin & it does come off like in my photo.
I have a brand new windscreen now so I'm not gonna put an old blade on, but I will now buy one off eBay thanks to the link.
My fin has 2 fingers at far ends and the wiper on eBay looks like it will house them.
Worth a £10 gamble.

I brought a Halfords one because when I brought the car the wiper was terrible.
After having the car about a month I learnt it was the wiper arm dragging its arse across the screen, hence the scratched windscreen.
I thought it was the terrible blade that had scratched it!
I inspected the old fin blade that I took off ,but didn't bin & it does come off like in my photo.
I have a brand new windscreen now so I'm not gonna put an old blade on, but I will now buy one off eBay thanks to the link.
My fin has 2 fingers at far ends and the wiper on eBay looks like it will house them.
Worth a £10 gamble.
It's often the river on the wiper arm that wears out causing the windscreen to be scratched. Hasn't caused a MoT failure though.

Back