Auto Dimming Mirror

A2on18's

I’ve got an auto dimming mirror to install, unfortunately it didn’t come with the plug/connector wiring, does anyone know what the plug part number is or even happen to have one?!

Whilst it would be nice for it to cancel when selecting reverse not compulsory, I believe it needs just a switched live and earth to operate so that would also be OK

Although I am running a cable from reverse light to the front for reverse camera so could possibly use that for the reverse cancel

Thanks

Evening Steve,

This topic was covered a few years ago here.

In short the wiring is as follows:

Automatic Anti Dazzle Mirror pins 1-6.

1. Switched live from fuse 38
2. Earth point which is at the bottom of the A Pillar.
3. Reverse 12v feed taken from pin 16 on the blue 17 pin connector in passenger footwell.
6. Interior light on feed taken from Pin 6 on the light switch pack overhead.

Note the reverse feed at Pin 3 demonstrates that there is no need to take a wire to the rear of the vehicle for either the mirror or your to the C2 RSFL pin on your RNS-E for the camera installation.

I’ve not got a spare connector so cannot confirm the part number but know they reside in many a VAG vehicle in a breakers yard which is where I usually purchase one from. If you’re not in a rush I can get the part number from one on the A2s one evening this week to assist.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Tom

Again awesomely helpful Tom thank you!

If you are able to grab the part number when you are able that would be super

Really helpful re the reverse feed too, I was certain it would be at the front somewhere, found reference to a blue wire with red strip which I identified in the loom but couldn’t get signal from. Will take a look at that in the next couple of days

Thanks again
Steve

Back