Auto-dimming rear view mirror in twist / beige?

Mbzpar

Hi folks,

Hope you are all keeping well. Was wondering if Audi ever did a cream/twist dimming rear view mirror for the A2? Need to find s replacement for my broken one. Thanks Paul

If you're looking for an always-on ADRVM, as fitted in the A2 from factory, then I believe black was the only option. I've never seen an A2 with anything other than a black rear-view mirror. However, I've seen ADRVMs in pale plastics in both the A3 and A6. These mirrors are plug-n-play in any A2 that is pre-wired for an ADRVM, but they include an on/off switch beneath the mirror and the colour may not be a perfect match with the A2's Twist colour.

Cheers,

Tom

Hello Paul,

Not sure if Audi ever fitted Twist Auto Dimming Mirrors into the A2. From limited experience I think they were all black.

I have a Jive (Twist and Swing) interior and am also after a Twist Auto Dimming Mirror. They do exist and have had my eye on a few on a well known auction website. Twist colour mirrors were fitted to the A3/4/6/8 but not 100% which years of model had the correct fittings to mount into the A2.

I have tried my hardest by asking eBay sellers to add a picture of the rear of the mirrors they are selling. No one has been that helpful yet.

I’ll be interested to hear what other members have to say. Currently I have a Platinum Auto Dimming Mirror. It looks the great but really want a Twist one in front of me.

Soon as I find out the correct year and which models then I will produce a thread about it.

Kind regards,

Tom

I have an ADRVM with an integrated digital compass that I'll eventually install in my own A2. :)

Last edited:
I have an ADRVM with an integrated digital compass that I'll eventual install in my own A2. :)

If it’s good enough for your A2 Tom I might just go ahead and get one. I wasn’t sure if the compass would get your seal of approval as I know you’re a complete purist. I’m happy to read that in your eyes it’s acceptable.

Next purchase on the cards then, just need to find one without heavy import taxes.

Stay safe. Kind regards,

Tom

To be honest, 99% of the time, it'd get ignored. However, there are times when I'm driving in the mountains of Central Europe, perhaps with poor signal for SatNav use, when a simple compass would be really handy. Of course, there's a proper analogue compass in my rucksack, but using it whilst driving is probably ill-advised!
Yes, I am a purist, but I'm also very much a fan of OEM+. If you can fit an ADRVM that's made by the same company as the original, with the same aesthetics as the original, but with greater functionality than the original, why not have it?

Cheers,

Tom

Hi folks,

Hope you are all keeping well. Was wondering if Audi ever did a cream/twist dimming rear view mirror for the A2? Need to find s replacement for my broken one. Thanks Paul

Audi A4 B5 looks to be the correct fitting to mount onto our A2s. Finding a Twist mirror is not easy but they do come up now and then.

I know I removed mine from an A3 in a breakers yard but just cannot remember which year car it was, think it was a Mk1/8L.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back