Battery drain and Rear Door modules

devans

England
I’ve just brought a FSI low millage but it’s not perfect but I’m working on the bringing it back to full health for when ulez is expanded . I’ve scanned the car with VCDS and the following codes appear. The rear doors don’t show as open on the DIS display front doors do. The rear doors are manual windows and lock and open as they should with the key remote. The issue I have is the battery is going flat after 2 days. The car has been parked and not gone any where. I’ve swapped out the CCCU and that’s made no difference both are AF versions. The alarm doesn’t appear to set as the red light not flashing on the drivers door.

39A91FDF-C0C2-4C9A-AEB4-30F424F4B6C0.jpeg

Looks like the cluster is expecting someone to talk to in the rear doors.
But if you have manual windows there will not be any response from the rear doors to my understanding.
Has the cluster or doors been changed?
Do you get these codes with both CCCUs btw?

Check the CCCU adaptation, channel 61.

00000 - without radio remote control with el. rear windows
00001 - without radio remote control with mech. rear window regulators
00002 - with radio remote control with el. rear window regulators
00003 - with radio remote control with mech. Rear window regulators

Just changed the adaptation , alarm light is flashing now the drivers door and rear doors show open on DIS . Now the drivers door is showing as a fault. The dis intermittently shows the door open for the drivers door . Codes clear then appear after locking
C8921580-8B5A-474E-AD13-63ECF352FF65.jpeg
6E8FA0AC-EE45-4325-8BF7-59BC459B9E68.jpeg

Most likely result of cold solder joints on the lock actuator internal pcb or bad b pillar connections for the rear doors.
For the intermittent open doors check the micro switch

Back