Beware of these spacers!!

Cenick

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Has anyone used these Hubcentric Wheel Spacers on their A2 specifially, I’d be interested to know?

I bought a set and fitted to the rear of my A2 using Pepperpot alloys.
After a week of having them on, I found that both wheels were loose and that the spacers didn’t sit flush and tight against the drum, how I missed this I don’t know!! I certainly didn’t have an inkling if a problem with the fitting.

Anyway I sent them back saying they did not fit and were not fit for purpose, however the seller would not refund as they had been ‘used’ and stated they should of been fitted “professionally” apparently, 1st time for everything I guess!

I had a 2nd set that were to be fitted and these were refunded as these were still unopened as I wasn’t taking a chance on them.

I think I’ll go back to Watfields Engineering in future as never had a problem with that manufacture on the 2 or 3 previous purchases.

Sent from the future

The bolts supplied have a conical seat and intended for aftermarket wheels.
If the Pepperpots were genuine Audi wheels, I think they will have spherical seats for the bolts and would not be compatible

Cheers Spike

The bolts supplied have a conical seat and intended for aftermarket wheels.
If the Pepperpots were genuine Audi wheels, I think they will have spherical seats for the bolts and would not be compatible

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike, I’m fairly confident it was the spacer to hub that was the issue as shown to me, you could feel movement where it wouldn’t sit flush against the hub without the wheel on.

I think my mistake was to sit the spacer on then popping a wheel straight on then tightening up as the spacer seemed to sit on the flange ok.

However I’m happy to stand corrected, if it indeed was bolts that were the cause, and will feel like a right numpty!

You might be onto something as these were the make previously purchased.

Sent from the future

Last edited:
Back