BHC EGR Delete kit/Race pipe

ICowie

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have a link or know where I can get my hands on a EGR delete kit for a 1.4 Tdi BHC engine? I've had a quick look but I'm finding everything except what I'm looking for 🤯🤯🤯

Thanks

philward

A2OC Donor
I have had my EGR disconnected for months. Connected it again for the MOT and I prefer it. Car is smother, quieter, not quite as fast: but who bought an A2 expecting it to be quick?

ICowie

I have had my EGR disconnected for months. Connected it again for the MOT and I prefer it. Car is smother, quieter, not quite as fast: but who bought an A2 expecting it to be quick?
Yes I know but after looking into it, after about 40k it stops doing good and harms the longevity of the engine with carbon build up hence my reason for doing it more than any speed advantage.

sco

A2OC Donor
If you've ever dissembled the inlet manifold you'll find it absolutely choked with black carbon / thick tar from the effect of the EGR. Once you've seen that you'll never want the EGR connected again!

Simon.

damadgeruk

A2OC Donor
Doesn't mapping it out effectively remove it? BHC is easily switched off with a remap. Can't remember, are your others remapped?

ICowie

I'm not sure to be honest, I was only looking into it just incase you do need to remove it but I believe you get better flow with a race pipe delete. Yes the other two are both mapped but I never got round to removing the EGR's on either of them

a2sumo

A2OC donor
Yes it can be mapped out but often the egr is leaking oil and gunk. So replacing it stops that and offers better air flow - good for 50 bhp only if you apply the sticker lol

ICowie

Hi Andy,

That's for a 90 ATL mine's a 75 BHC so I think it'll be different plus its a EGR I was looking for a race pipe delete kit but thanks for taking the time to reply.

Cheers,
Iain

a2sumo

A2OC donor
Hi Andy,

That's for a 90 ATL mine's a 75 BHC so I think it'll be different plus its a EGR I was looking for a race pipe delete kit but thanks for taking the time to reply.

Cheers,
Iain
They are the same the later engine shares egr and anti shudder with the 90

philward

A2OC Donor
If you've ever dissembled the inlet manifold you'll find it absolutely choked with black carbon / thick tar from the effect of the EGR. Once you've seen that you'll never want the EGR connected again!

Simon.
At 150k miles my inlet manifold was reasonably clear, just a thin layer of deposits. None of the lumps of coke I have seen other members post. Driven it like I nicked it from new (I did run it in for a couple of thousand first).

damadgeruk

A2OC Donor
@ICowie did you get an egr delete for your BHC? I fitted this one today to the ATL (same EGR ASV setup), seller accepted offer of £29.75, suspect a lower offer would work too.

ICowie

@ICowie did you get an egr delete for your BHC? I fitted this one today to the ATL (same EGR ASV setup), seller accepted offer of £29.75, suspect a lower offer would work too.
No I spoke to Paul aka Depronman about him doing one for me but he'd only made one for a AMF before and that's as far as it got but still planning on doing it at some point. That looks alot easier and probably cheaper than getting a one off made. Was it easily fitted or a PITA? 😅

damadgeruk

A2OC Donor
Awkward access though easy enough, it didn't rain for long. :D Took around 2.5 hours though it will take less time if I do my BHC. Removing the EGR cooler pipe was the 'hardest' part due to its shape though straightforward enough. Happy to talk you through it when you're over.

ICowie

Awkward access though easy enough, it didn't rain for long. :D Took around 2.5 hours though it will take less time if I do my BHC. Removing the EGR cooler pipe was the 'hardest' part due to its shape though straightforward enough. Happy to talk you through it when you're over.
Hi David,
I just ordered one of these kits for Flipper (If anyone else is thinking about it I offered £28 which was accepted) I forgot to pick your brains about it when I was over but I'm sure it won't be that hard to figure out. I've got a thermostat waiting to be fitted so I'll do them both at the same time. Did you notice much of a difference once it was fitted?