Bose sound option/minidisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

edward452

I'm at the thinking seriously stage re buying an A2. As I am v keen on listening to music, the sound system is important to me. Can anyone advise on whther its worth paying the extra for the Bose? Also (this is a long shot), do Audi do a minidisk player? I could fit the one I have at the moment, but its far too "disco" looking for the A2!!

Hi Edward,

Most people reckon the standard 8 speakers on the current A2 are pretty good (have a look at soem earlier threads on this), making teh BOSE £4000 look a tad expensive.

As always try and get a 'listen' to one with BOSE and one without in before you commit to it.

Audi don't do a min-disk player though it is possible to buy adapters that allow the Sony changer to connect to the Blaupunkt head units. Just find a reasonable ICE shop that's done it before.

Dave

Dave

1.4SE -> 1.6SE 3 weeks and counting

Hi there,
I have the Bose on my A2 and I like it a lot. I think it´s a question of your high-fi "crasyness" wheter to pay the price or not. The difference between the Bose and the normal 8-speakter-system is obvious to me as soon as you turn the music a bit louder or like to listen to classic (such as Chopin, as I somethimes do). The sound is more brilliant, I´d say.
Wolfgang

2001 A2 1.4 TDI/black/open sky,sport seats, cruise controll,16" alloys, radio symphony+bose +++

quote:Originally posted by staen

Hi there,
I have the Bose on my A2 and I like it a lot. I think it´s a question of your high-fi "crasyness" wheter to pay the price or not. The difference between the Bose and the normal 8-speakter-system is obvious to me as soon as you turn the music a bit louder or like to listen to classic (such as Chopin, as I somethimes do). The sound is more brilliant, I´d say.
Wolfgang

2001 A2 1.4 TDI/black/open sky,sport seats, cruise controll,16" alloys, radio symphony+bose +++

@edward452: are you making a joke or what´s the sence of always qouting my posts? You did the same at the "what´s the best colour"-topic.
If you should have the same opinion please write something down under, such as "That´s my opinion, too.".
Thanks,
W.

LMAO!!!! :D:D:D I found it quite funny also and what you just said makes it even more funny, LOL!!!:D:D:D

Hehe I think you will find that what Edward is doing is called spamming, hes trying to increase his post count for a higher rank is the only conclusion I can make. Ed if your gonna post at least say something after it an 'LOL' wouldnt go a miss cos when you do it it is rather funny put people like 'staen' out fo their missery.

1.4SE petrol 2001, Dark interior, Sat cloth, Brilliant Silver, 3 spoke Steering wheel, Rear electric windows and Panasonic MR555 stereo, Panasonic 8CD changer, 10 speakers (2 extra 13" 190 watt each.)

Hey... no fair... I wanna increase my post count too... (we get extra Clubcard points, don't we?)

[:p]

--
m. Azure Blue 2003 A2 1.6FSI SE with OpenSky, ECC, DIS, Isofix, ERW, Symphony II, Space-Floor-Box, Winter Pack and Auto-Dimming Rear View thingy... Jan 2003 :(

staen/factor/msmorley-
And then you all reply and up your posts!. You devils!. But no clubcard points until you reach 45,000 posts (I'm aiming to get there by Jan 2003).

Seriously edward, if you have posted in error you can always delete it via the trashcan icon. If your having problems posting let me know and I'll see what I can do. And are you any closer to ordering your dream A2 yet?.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Oh dear!! Really sorry to have caused upset. I'm new to this "Forum" thing, as well as to the thoughts of getting an A2. I must admit I only realised I had, so to speak, pressed the wrong button when it was too late. I thought about trying to erase, but, anticipating that I might mess up some more, I let it lie. Sorry again all and I will attempt to improve - I'm not bad mannered by nature!!
Re actually getting an A2, I have cooled off a little - buying a car new is quite a novelty for me so it may take a while. I have to say though, that I have been out in a few other cars at comparable money and they just don't compare in terms of design appeal and build quality!!
Having read some of the comments on dealers, some of you, or even most of you(!!) have made me a bit apprehensive! I would be buying from Hadwins of Grange-over-sands, Cumbria - any knowledge anyone?

Edward
It's not a huge problem-I was concerned you may be having problems!. Don't worry, we will just think your an Audi technical director.....

Stumping up £15k of hard earned cash (I presume hard earned, as if you were an Audi technical director you would on earning loads!) is always difficult.

Remember that us poor A2 sufferers are, in the big scheme of things, only a small proportion of total A2 owners. And you usually only hear bad things about a company/product, not the good.

Audi always have given the impression of quality, and owners of A3 upwards can confirm this. But alas NO car manufacturer can produce a number of cars which are 100% fault free. But do find a decent dealer as should the proverbial hit the fan, you need to know if your dealer will back you up or send you of up the river without a paddle!.

With regards to your choice of dealer, my only suggestion would be to visit them many times, ask questions, maybe try trading standards, or searching the dealers name on Google. You could take it a step further and stake out your local Tesco carpark, and pounce on any Audi driver with the dealer sticker on. But be warned you may be hit over the head with a Tesco Value Scotch Egg...!.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Hi Edward,

I've just recently got my mitts on an X eg 2001 A2 with the Bose system. Having had a loud (non-factory fitted) stereo in my previous car, a good sound system was essential so when I listened to this I was blown away. Fat and crisp sound and such reassuring bass. :)))

This is a clear case of you get what you pay for, if you want to listen to music loud. Afterall, the bose folks designed the system specially for the car and only a few other (high end) manufacturers factory fit Bose.
In this climate, bose would win over ECC, if I were flush enough to be buying NEW.

Hope that helps,

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back