Broken dipstick

Heather

Hi all,
Checked my oil level a few days ago and found it to be low (with the dipstick intact)
Bought the oil yesterday and have just checked the level again before topping up and bingo! the end of the dipstick has broken off.

Has anyone bought a new one recently and can advise of the cost of a replacement and the best place to get one from

Many thanks.

Someone here was selling an adaptation to your existing dipstick. Be patient and one of us will point you in the right direction

I have 3D printed ends available to repair your existing dipstick, you get 2 for £5.80 delivered, they are glued on using thin superglue the little tiny bottles 3 for a £1 from the cheap shops are ideal
To date none of mine have broken and they are also easier to read than the original

PM me if you want a pair
Cheers,
Paul

I don’t think the odd one will poss a risk but many could block the oil strainer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank's for that. I was wondering the same thing as to what would happen to the broken bit of plastic. Thank you to everyone for your responses, i'll get on the case this week.

I don’t think the odd one will poss a risk but many could block the oil strainer
Thanks Paul, I guess I would be concerned that the tip, or a bit of it, might block one of the small oil galleries. When mine broke, last year, I had Awesome drop the sump and fish the bit out. Cost a bit, but gave me peace of mind; given the amount I'd spent on a recent engine rebuild I didn't want another big bill.

Another risk is the broken tip clipping and bending the teeth of the crank trigger ring - steel vs. plastic so should be no contest but any damage to the trigger ring will be a world of pain to sort.

Simon.

Back